• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any other pay cuts @ Netjest Inc?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I expect NJA to lose a lot of good pilots/employees IF the TA passed.
Stanby for the "Where are you going to go?" arguments. At $27K/year, most can't afford to stay.

It goes beyond just the money. Assuming the TA passed WITHOUT FRAUD--a big concern---many pilots that were vocal and active in the fight would have a hard time working beside those that had failed to standup for themselves, and by their cowardice (or selfishness) had condemned many families to a life of poor job security (weak scope), poor pay, and unfriendly/unsafe work rules.

It goes beyond just the money. Assuming the TA passed WITHOUT FRAUD--a big concern

Let me see if I have the facts.
1) netjets pays below market wages
2) management is untrustworthy. (lying scumbags)
3) The union isnt to be trusted (lying scumbags)

Doesn't you husband have more self-respect than to work for such a outfit? Even if the pilots demand and get more money and work rules wont all the other problems still be there? I would not work for a company that I thought this little of. well, maybe I would but it would take tons of money. oh ya, thats what your after. Cant buy self-repect, have him fire up the resume. Get a job that he can hold his head up high again and get market wages.

Maybe my posts were too subtle for you? Try reading between the lines....:) How do you know he hasn't already sent off his resume? However, if / when the TA is voted down the pilots will be able to get things right for a change. Amazing what good leadership can do for a group. The pilots voting this TA down will be showing much self-respect and willingness to make a stand. A cohesive unit like that is one that any pilot should be proud to fly with, including yourself.

If the financial situation was a dire as the company is implying they could go a long way towards establishing some credibility by cutting the pay of the non bargaining employees (EJM, EJI etc) overnight. And no contract allows them to do just that.

Maybe this has been brought up before, but couldn't FSI charge NJA full-pop rates, allowing NJA to show greater financial stress than really exists?

Also, what bout other fixed expenses - hotels, rental cars,
INSURANCE maybe??
Any of these in the Buffet portfolio?

philo beddoe said:
Maybe this has been brought up before, but couldn't FSI charge NJA full-pop rates, allowing NJA to show greater financial stress than really exists?

Also, what bout other fixed expenses - hotels, rental cars,
INSURANCE maybe??
Any of these in the Buffet portfolio?
Our pilots can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that I read on their board that FSI DID increase rates substantially as was the insurance which one of our guys tracked down....all the way....:)...well, you GUESSED IT!

Excuse me, Lord W, but the company has already lost ALL credibility by wasting tens of thousands of $$ overnighting 2 letters (of intimadation) and 1 DVD Salespitch in the past few weeks. And to me, personally, 1 BOOMERANG! That being the DVD package that I marked "REFUSED" which promptly returned.

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]I wonder how many of us got them back? Why don't they just include their instructions?

1) Open mouth as wide as possible.
2) Insert propaganda..aka..DVD
3) Close mouth.
4) Swallow.

Note: May be necessary to use hands to "force" DVD
down recipient's throat.
[/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]

"We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." Benjamin Franklin
[/font]

netjetwife said:

Excuse me, Lord W, but the company has already lost ALL credibility by wasting tens of thousands of $$ overnighting 2 letters (of intimadation) and 1 DVD Salespitch in the past few weeks. And to me, personally, 1 BOOMERANG! That being the DVD package that I marked "REFUSED" which promptly returned.

Wifey, don't take offence. I'm in complete agreement with you. I wish I could have refused the CD but it was in the middle of the weed patch I call a lawn whe I got home. Not opened yet, maybe I'll take it back to DHL.

As to credibility, why is it that the bargaining employees have to take it in the pants. Except for a few letters threatening F/Os to upgrade, who's heard from Santulli in the past three years? Now he sends us videos????

Point is, allegedly our modest profits are more than offset by EJI and Europe. They don't need concessions from them because they don't have a contract; they can just take. So, before you (EJ,Inc.)expect me to give a serious hearing to all your financial woes, start cleaning up the other parts of the house. The MEC said this contract is the first step towards fixing the company.
Why is it the FIRST???

No offense taken.

I should have used a ...:)...in my post, I was just inserting some sarcastic humor. Actually, I felt that you had stated the case quite clearly--the company didn't demand concessions from those they more easily could have. And I STILL say that the MEC should have insisted on looking at managements' wages, as well. What pilot doesn't believe the company is too top-heavy? How many 14 hour days do the VPs pull??

The only reason the bargaining employees have been "taking it in the pants" is because they didn't demand changes when their so-called leaders failed to lead. Going back to the table with TRUE leaders supported with an ACTIVE pilotforce will make a huge difference. Simple truth--you act like a "doormat", you get stepped on!

You are right to question the MEC labeling the TA as the "first step" in fixing the problems faced by the company. Though, as the # 1 frac company, their problems can't be all that bad. That said, as far as looking for improvement goes, the MEC should have said the TA was the EASIEST step. They clearly lack the guts and motivation to tackle the harder issues of mis-placed priorities and waste that are the REAL problems. The ONLY thing "first" about the TA is the numerical order it will hold as we vote down it, and all other unacceptable offers, from the company.

On a more personal note: http://www.bluemountain.com/view.pd?i=103199947&m=1932&rr=y&source=bma999

We'll see if the offer is unacceptable or not.

That is a matter for the membership to decide on.

The CIA could use you to issue propaganda leaflets overseas NJWife. I'm sure that would occupy your time!

Latest resources

Back