Any other AirTranees get their certified letter today?

Mongolikecandy

assume managemnt position
Total Time
some
I was hiding from the mailman when he came to the door this morning hoping if I ignored it, it would go away. However, I am now off to the post office to pick up my furlough notice. (then the liquor store) Good luck everyone.

Mongo

learob

Total Time
Best of luck to you

I did my time on the street back in 02 when I was at AWA.

I dont wish that feeling on anyone.

Camperdaddy

Total Time
4500+
Yeah, I just got mine. Mail lady says she been handing them out all afternoon in Newnan (base housing). I just got off the phone with the number 1 guy on the list as his wife handed him his. So much for the rumors of only furloughing a portion of the publised list.

Mongolikecandy

Total Time
some
Yeah, I just got mine. Mail lady says she been handing them out all afternoon in Newnan (base housing). I just got off the phone with the number 1 guy on the list as his wife handed him his. So much for the rumors of only furloughing a portion of the publised list.
Just back from the Newnan post office and sure enough.... nuts. All furloughees are welcome at my place for an "early retirement" party on the 3rd.

twepilot

Total Time
good luck to one and all. Wright Flyers in SAT is needing CFI's.

RV

no1pilot2000

Total Time
To all those Tranny furloughy's

Lick your wounds, try applying to Southwest, maybe a corporate flying job or leave the industry. I worked for ACA at Dulles. When they went under, a pilot whom I knew who flew for them got a damn good corporate flight job. He never looked back at the airline industry again!

scarlet

Total Time
What date does it say we are finished???

I got an email today from Airtran HR.

There are 2 pages of jobs/careers(I call them jobs at Airtran) One would think they would want to hire some of us for current openings?

I apply for some=denied.

I think I have more background in Airline Industry than someone in, less say CLT? The Station manager there will not speak to his co-workers for the first two hours, because he is not a morning person????? His agents constantly put Airtran University standbys on before paying passengers. Witnessed first hand !!!
From Pilot, to Flight Attendant to Flight Control to Ramper...

I wished I could see the girl now, that does company Indoc.. ???

Mongolikecandy

Total Time
some
I wished I could see the girl now, that does company Indoc.. ???
Denise? Does this ring a bell... "I am so excited you guys are here. This is a great family to be a part of..."

I know my family is pretty dysfunctional, but no one in my family ever tried to get me fired.

scarlet

Total Time
yeah- how great Airtran is----can't even hire their own people.......

What is the effective date??

JumpersAway

Cruise Bores Me.......
Total Time
9000++
I really hate it for you Airtran folks. I've had the privelage of flying with many in your ranks that have left ASA to join the Airtran family. Your pilot group is a fine one, and I hope this is short lived.

I've got a friend of mine at Lockheed Martin over in Marietta that is an engineer there. Apparently, Lockheed is really looking for people with flight experience to get involved with engineering work over there-entry level and no engineering experience required. There is quite a strong market for the C-130J abroad, and they are struggling to keep up with orders. I know it ain't flyin', but Lockheed has good paying jobs that are entry level, so if you are interested, you may want to check out their website or talk to someone there, if you have connections.

Hope this helps someone......

Camperdaddy

Total Time
4500+
Have y'all looked at Crewtrac. They managed to block off the rest of September, past the 3rd, in big red Furlough. Talk about rubbing it in!
Burn up your sick time, cause you can't take it with you!

JT12345

Total Time
10000+
Have you seen the credit values and amount of open time for Sept. I am told it is above average.

stall022

Total Time
Have you seen the credit values and amount of open time for Sept. I am told it is above average.

sounds normal for an airline that furloughs..

1. furlough too many
2. work the heck out of the people that are still there
3. act confused when flights are cancelled due to lack of crews

On Your Six

Total Time
I hear Avantair is hiring and they have an ATL domicile.

Good luck.

Capn Sac

Total Time
Good luck to all of you. Cape Air is hiring and expanding, PM for details.

Sack

Bavarian Chef

Registered jetBluser
Total Time

poydras

Total Time
some
does anyone know untill what class date they furloughed?
All the best to everyone over there.