• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any of you AA guys....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Me and the wife have been watching Survivor since its inseption. Terry is kicking A$$ and genuinely seems like a decent person on a show that brings out the worst in most people. Congrats to him and AA! We know that he will be at least in the final 3 for sure with the idol he has. He has domminated the show the whole series and I hope he wins it all.

pylut said:
I believe he'll be back to work soon. It's about time his baad karma kicked in.

He is already back bone-head. This is tapped! I guess you were with TWA, so because of what happened to you, Terry should pay. You are one shallow and selfish individual. I fly freight, however I have few friends that were TWA, I don't think you are doing their image any good. Grow up..

Loco

He is already back bone-head. This is tapped! I guess you were with TWA, so because of what happened to you, Terry should pay. You are one shallow and selfish individual. I fly freight, however I have few friends that were TWA, I don't think you are doing their image any good. Grow up..
QUOTE]

That's a pretty big jump to assume this guy was TWA. There are a lot of people out there that don't think too much of AA.

It's obvious how you feel about the TWA pilots though. "Shallow and selfish individual" Now that's funny!!!

FurloughedTwice said:
QUOTE]

That's a pretty big jump to assume this guy was TWA. There are a lot of people out there that don't think too much of AA.

It's obvious how you feel about the TWA pilots though. "Shallow and selfish individual" Now that's funny!!!

Nope, just one, and looking at his past posts he is TWA. Looking at your posts I presume you flew there as well, maybe that is why you are defending him. I can only imagine how horrible it was for many of you, however it seems almost everywhere AA pops up on a thread, there is usually a bash from some TWA guy. Why? What did Terry Dietz ever do to you, or the other poster? It just seems to be getting old.

Like I said, I have TWA friends, and AA friends, both over here at my company now. Both groups very nice, but there seems to be the small 1%.

Loco

Anyway no more thread hijack. Go Terry!!

Last edited:
Nope, just one, and looking at his past posts he is TWA. Looking at your posts I presume you flew there as well, maybe that is why you are defending him. I can only imagine how horrible it was for many of you, however it seems almost everywhere AA pops up on a thread, there is usually a bash from some TWA guy. Why? What did Terry Dietz ever do to you, or the other poster? It just seems to be getting old.

Like I said, I have TWA friends, and AA friends, both over here at my company now. Both groups very nice, but there seems to be the small 1%.

First of all, if you re-read my post I wasn't defending him, I was defending TWA pilots. And, I have nothing against Terry Dietz and I hope he wins the whole thing.

"Everywhere AA pops up on a thread, there is usually a bash from some TWA guy. Why?"

I'm not sure why? What happened to the TWA pilots that makes them so upset at the AA pilots?

Huh?

FurloughedTwice said:
First of all, if you re-read my post I wasn't defending him, I was defending TWA pilots. And, I have nothing against Terry Dietz and I hope he wins the whole thing.

"Everywhere AA pops up on a thread, there is usually a bash from some TWA guy. Why?"

I'm not sure why? What happened to the TWA pilots that makes them so upset at the AA pilots?

If it was'nt for AA I don't think TWA pilots would have liked the situation that they would have been in. I would rather have a job with AA than kicking a can on the street because that is where TWA was heading!

If it wasn't for AA I don't think TWA pilots would have liked the situation that they would have been in. I would rather have a job with AA than kicking a can on the street because that is where TWA was heading!

Every analyst out there was predicting the demise of TWA for years and the fact is, it never happened. There is no way to tell if TWA was going to fail so don't even bring up that argument because it has absolutely no validity. Just look to UAL, DAL, NWA and yes even AA (a few years ago) They were all on their death beds and guess what, they are all still here. It is almost impossible to kill an airline with an established name and route structure.

Just for the record, 1800 out of 2200 TWA pilots are on the street kicking a can. The remaining 400 retire in the next 10 years half of which will retire as F/O's.

It is what it is and you just move on and try and find something better but it was a screw job plain and simple. I don't think anyone can argue that.

I hear what you are saying, but I have never heard of an aquisition or a merger that both parties came away and said they were happy with the way things turned out. Bottom line is TWA was aquired and it could have been the other way around and I'm sure AA pilots would be saying the same thing! No matter who's right or wrong it happened and it won't be the last time in the current climate of airlines now!

FurloughedTwice said:
The remaining 400 retire in the next 10 years quote]

These numbers are wrong.

You're right. It looks like there are about 650 TWA pilots on the property and about 65% of them retire in the next 10 years.

Thank you

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back