• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

any news on california pacific airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
VA is having a tough go with nearly $1 billion invested so far. Good luck California Pacific. Hope your investors have deep pockets and lots of patience.

So that's what that was - I saw one of their 170's on the ramp at CRQ last month, and couldn't believe they could get in and out of there with any useful load.

Does anyone know anyone who's been conditionally hired by them (conditional = that they actually 'become' an airline)? If so- anyone know what their payrates are for street-CA? For a non-commutable job in a high-price area like Carlsbad, you'd think that not many pilots could afford to work for 'startup' wages. ..then again- maybe there are enough starving CFIs lurking around the field that they'll work there for nothing. Problem is; they're not going to be qualified to be street-CAs.

Heck--Moot point I'm sure since they'll probably never get off the ground.

What a waste of a paint job, btw. Not sure why they felt they needed to paint the bird before they actually get DOT/FAA approval. I guess that wasted $ is a drop in the bucket comparatively...

Not sure why they felt they needed to paint the bird before they actually get DOT/FAA approval. I guess that wasted $ is a drop in the bucket comparatively...

Any scam needs a bit of truth to make it plausible to investors....

really dead?>

Is there any chance that they will open, or are they dead-dead....

They have no permanent POI and the San Diego FSDO is lost. With the sequestration around the corner, forget about any paper movements for CalPac anytime soon.

Latest resources

Back