• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any news for CAL furloughees?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Recalled? I'm wondering if they're going to furlough 10 pilots because of this hull loss in DEN.

On the topic of the post, I have been hearing that there are 2 possibilities:

1. All furloughees recalled in January, hiring will begin again late spring.

2. All furloughees will be back and retrained by May, hiring will begin again in August or September.

CAL will have to hire soon, they are getting new airframes this year.

That's great news if it's true. Where did you get this information? Also, can someone confirm that CAL is getting a net gain in aircraft in 2009.

Thanks.

I heard that most of the furloughees aren't coming back anyway. :-O

Apparently it's easier to make more money at Hone Depot than as a pilot for CAL. LOL

Plus, Home Depot gives medical benefits to new hires. LOL

That's great news if it's true. Where did you get this information? Also, can someone confirm that CAL is getting a net gain in aircraft in 2009.

Thanks.

Go to airlinepilotcentral.com and they have the orders...not sure if they are still in effect.

just curious if anyone has heard anything. hope the boxes reveal a job well done by the crew in DEN!!!

Skydriver -- as a fellow furloughee, (AWA, out of seniority due to our pilot integration issues and USAPA inaction), I hope you are back very soon. Anyone with half a brain who read your post knows you were concerned for your fellow pilots period. Your second post was spot on. Don't sweat the Hangar Entertainment crowd. Merry Christmas.

Apparently it's easier to make more money at Hone Depot than as a pilot for CAL. LOL

Why do you put LOL on everything? Are you retarded? wait...LOL.

Skydriver -- as a fellow furloughee, (AWA, out of seniority due to our pilot integration issues and USAPA inaction), I hope you are back very soon. Anyone with half a brain who read your post knows you were concerned for your fellow pilots period. Your second post was spot on. Don't sweat the Hangar Entertainment crowd. Merry Christmas.

MK82Man,
Thanks for the post. I wish you the best of luck as well on your return to US Air, if that is what you so desire. It kills me to see such a lack of camaradarie at times, so cheers to you. Have a wonderful holiday season!

As of two days ago the latest I heard, third party mind you:

From the Furlough Committee: Jan system bid will give back positions to the 27 on property currently in limbo. The system bid after that will bring us back (also heard this from CA giving me a ride home from ORD two weeks ago).
Check airman tells FO buddy of mine per Larry Kellner, "Furloughees will be recalled in Sept". This jives with what's been going around the training dept and coincides with first of the 4 ex-ATA 753s coming on property.
However, consensus is a recall is imminent, even with the hull loss. The airline is pathetically undermanned and there is no way they will get through the summer on the present manning level.
Lastly, supposidly Larry also stated the retention of the over 60 crowd isn't quite what was anticipated and some of the -900ER orders are being converted to -800s. The only thing I can say with any certainty is those who are really in the know aren't saying anything.

I just hope to be recalled before the unemployment runs out. Otherwise, maybe Poco Hole can get me a job at the HONE Depot! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! :nuts:

Thanks.

I have several buddies that work there, and one in particular is keeping a close eye on things for me, as he's trying to get me an interview there next time they start hiring. So far, his speculations have been right, so I tend to believe him.

He's actually really mad that they even furloughed, because, according to him, they didn't need to at all. It was all about contract posturing.

He thinks between 1/3 to 1/2 of the current furloughees have already found other jobs and won't be back. I dunno about that, but he's betting his bottom dollar they'll be hiring again next year. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Hope you get back there soon, and I hope I'll be workin with ya some day. :)

Really, Home Depot employees make $120K/ year in their 3rd year? Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit, I'm putting in my app, at least I'll be home every night.

God, Pokemyhole, thanks for the idea.

Latest resources

Back