Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SWA 03 classes

Hello

I hate to be a bear of bad news. But the last rumors I heard was there is no more classes for this year.
I was sitting during dibriefing of the chief pilot in MDW.
But there is always hope it will happened.

Well, we've got at least a 50-50 shot. Let's hope for the best. Here's a smily face, a grin, and a wink for good luck:)) :D ;) ) to beat out the frown face:)( ).

And a Joe Cool:)cool: ) for good luck.

Delurry,
No sweat. We poolies have pretty much accepted the official party line of no more classes in 03. Since SWA has already trained 148 of the planned 140 for this year. That is the party line and that is what is being officially stated. If you called up LL right now she would give you the same "brief". As usual it just depends on who you talk to.
I am assuming SWA is counting on all the military guys to return in the near future. This would negate the need for any new classes for the fall. Just like last year.
In any case, lets hope SWA is satisfied with 2nd quarters performance , decides to loosen the belt just a little and bring on some more planes and routes for the second half of the year. Hey, it could happen.

Just for sh_ts and grins, I have been in the United pool for over 3 years now. Oh, wait they flushed us down the crapper. Oh, well back to reserve.

Air inc SWA info

A buddy of mine attended the air inc conference this past weekend. He was told by Rebekah (flight ops recruiting team), that SWA plans to have the pool drained by early next year 04, with classes beginning this August. Additionally, SWA expects to begin interviewing again in Jan 04. I would like to reiterate this is second hand info, but that I trust that the conversation between my buddy and rebekah was relayed accurately. Did anyone else hear anything similar?

Stick

To All:

Stinks, friend is correct.

I spoke to SWA at Air Inc yesterday. They basically did state that interviewing they hoped interviewong would begin in early '04. That right now they are being very cautious.

Finished IOE in early June.
This is by far the best job i have ever had...well worth the wait.
Don't know about the short term; maybe 1 class in Aug.(?).
But for the long run, we are looking at a major expension that should make all the poolies pretty senior in a hurry.
It's hard to be waiting but we are all lucky to be part of the best company in the world.
LUV going to work!!! So happy can't even see straight. :p. Talk about a challenge on landings. :D

Can't wait to see you guys on the line. We are keeping a warm seat for you.

Latest resources

Back