• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any new rumors on future SWA classes?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is just my opinion, but I think there is a strong possibility of an August class. Also, the June load factor I believe is stronger than expected; if that continues there could be more classes later in the year.

Bake

quiet for now

All poolies,

Things are sure quiet on the SWA side of this message board.

I was just in BWI getting fingerprinted and I had heard that August was "penciled in". One can only hope.

Anyhow, being furloughed, it sure was nice to go back to the airport, get on an SWA airplane and see the BWI operation.

Thanks to the folks in BWI who took me around and showed me the place. (you know who you are)

Keeps me focused as to why I have been in this pool for so long.

Fellow poolies, I am quite sure its gonna be well worth the wait to work for SWA. Keep the faith.

aj:cool:

AJ..

Nice to see you the other day..

Remember that new hires dont buy!!

I noticed that you found the edit button..Well done..

Nothing new to report..Still one class penciled in for August but with as many gates as we are getting and the economic upturn plus the loads getting better...I can see us taking a few extras near the end of the year..

I am really..really pumped up about 2004..If HALF the stuff i keep hearing about happens we are gonna grow like gangbusters..

Take care..

Mike

August Class

PilotAg et al,

While in MDW earlier this month, one of the assistant chief pilots said there will be a class in August. Since I started flying in mid-May, most of the flights have been full. I'm surprised SWA is talking about only one August class. This is a great place to work. I hope everyone in the pool gets a call soon. Best wishes to all.

ditto....

on the rumor for the Aug class..... they are monitoring the return of the guard/reserve guys & gals to see what impact this will have on pilot scheduling going forward.

And YES, this place is well worth the wait..... a very different position now from the inside looking back into the Pool on FI.... hang in there guys & gals.... lots of good thoughts concerning 2004 - could be a BIG year for hiring/interviewing/growth..... can't WAIT for classes to start and push us bottom feeders out of the OAK base, hurry up!!!!

Have a great summer - before you know it you will be in DAL for 6 weeks of training and hotel food!!!

C ya soon!! Flyin

Retirement...

Thanks to everyone who was/is/shall be in the SWA Pool....

Now that I am dry/trained/IOE'd and now a real SWA F/O I think it is time to put Tred to rest... so to speak.....

My new alter ego is in use and I will continue to support all those who are to follow - and get me OFF reserve - with any and all SWA info that I hear......

Good luck, hang in there, trust me, this job is well worth the wait - just an awesome company to be a part of!!!:D :cool: :D

Take Care Everyone -

Regards,

Tred
CEO Pool Rat, Inc.
Retired

Thank you mike, bake, tred, flying and sentryIP for the encouragement and info. I know you all are busy, but please fill us in with any hiring rumors/facts as they come in. We in the pool are just about as waterlogged as it gets.

By the way, I am curious... who has been in the pool the longest so far? And what month & year will the last of the original 360 poolies go to class?

Cheers!!

ditto's...

Ditto's to all the positive comments above....SWA is trully an awesome place to be!!

Tredding, congrats on finishing IOE...just finished yesterday myself...Great trip! See ya in OAK next month.

Really good to see most of the flights completely full! Looks like we need more planes and pilots already...

Hang in there poolies...this is well worth waiting for!

W8n4swa:cool:

Latest resources

Back