• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any new movement at NJ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I got the waitmail on 2/10 and have been waiting ever since. I put PBI down as my domicile choice, I guess they are not hiring into that base right now.

Starhustler, I'm in exactly the same boat. (Same waitmail date, same domicile preference.)

I'm ready!

Wait email received March 3, just got email offering June interview dates. Anyone else going on the 13/14th? I put CMH and DAL as my preferences.

I got the wait e-mail Feb 10th with DAL as my choice. My letter of rec. said that there might be some DAL posistions with an AUG start date. It all depends where you are on the list for DAL. Best of Luck.

Oh, there is movement alright!

Hey guys, I just got back from CMH after a looooong day of interviewing. I am pretty impressed with how right on most of the gouge has been, especially from aviationinterviews.com. I feel pretty good about it, but I guess a few others have too and got the "no thanks" call...

About the future, Derinda said they plan on hiring another 200-250 this year (20 or so a week until they get to that point if the training dept. can handle it). The June 19th class date will be for the LAX domicile in the sovereign(sp) and CMH in the X. I am rooting for the X of course. She also said to expect no less than three years until upgrade at the earliest, and that depends on which fleet you are in. There will also be a July class date, but I can't remember the exact date, or the types available for that one. Wish me luck, and PM me if anyone has any specific questions.

flyinboy said:
She also said to expect no less than three years until upgrade at the earliest, and that depends on which fleet you are in.

Just to clarify for the benefit of the many people who are looking to join us, it doesnt matter what fleet you are in for your upgrade. If they hire you into the X you can still bid a Ultra PIC spot as long as your 2 year seatlock has passed. Now that being said for those of you hired now you might actually be able to bid into another fleet at 2 years because you likely wont see the left seat before 4.

Actually, Twotter my good friend, I don't believe that's true. You yourself could get awarded a X pic slot right now if your seniority could hold it. My understanding is that the company can never hold you from a higher paying position. The 2 year equipment lock only applies if you are looking to move into another aircraft that would pay the same for your years of service.

Twotter76 said:
If they hire you into the X you can still bid a Ultra PIC spot as long as your 2 year seatlock has passed. Now that being said for those of you hired now you might actually be able to bid into another fleet at 2 years because you likely wont see the left seat before 4.

Twotter - that's not correct. Seat locks cannot restrict a new-hire from bidding and being awarded their first captain position, regardless of fleet. That's contained in section 5.3(a)(i) in the contract.

But I think your guestimate of 4 years to upgrade is pretty reasonable. Any 2-year seatlock will expire before a new-hire could hold a captain slot, so in some ways, this an academic discussion.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back