Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any new info on Continental Airlines? Future hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
While this may prove to be true, no one on this management team has proven the ability to plan 24 months ahead. They are generally only about 2 quarters ahead of themselves. To think that they have all of a sudden developed the ability to plan 24 for months accurately is foolish.

This business is far too unpredictable for them to tell you with ANY accuracy what will be happening at CAL two years from now. When I was hired they told us they would be hiring 12 pilots a week for YEARS. Nothing could have been further from the truth.

Probably would have been true if age 65 hadn't passed and the economy hadn't tanked.:mad:

Not sure about staffing, all I know is that I flew 0.0 hours for Sept, just finished my last reserve day for the month today.

As far as I am concernced, CAL is the best place in the world to work. I know NOBODY that got 8k last month to never show up to work.

Make sure you brag to all of your friends and neighbors how you didn't work a single minute this month and probably made more than them. It will do wonders for this profession.

Latest resources

Back