Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any Known Upcoming G650 Operators? Where do I send my app????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just had a buddy look into it. He is a career contract guy, with a very good 550 customer, who is getting a 2014 650. FSI SAV is quoting him $90k.

With the purchase of a new 650, Gulfstream is giving the new customer 3 pilot slots and 2 maintenance slots. The operator only needs one maintenance slot so he is trying to cut a deal to use the maintenance slot credit towards an additional pilot slot. FSI SAV was valuing a 650 maintenance slot at $45k but they don't want to give $45k off the pilot initial (go figure)

I remember when the GV and 550 came out. People were giving up their jobs to fly one of these. Now they are a dime a dozen. If Gulfstream does a good job with the 650, pretty soon they will be everywhere just like the 5 series are. I fly a 5 Classic now and would love to get into a 550. but to be honest the Classic is a fantastic airplane. We actually told our boss not to get a 550 and wait for the 650. He gets nothing from the passengers point of view going from a 5 to a 550.

They have to be crazy to leave!....a 5 year commitment is nothing to get the opportunity to fly such an incredible bird!

Not crazy when one reads the terms of the contract... I've herd its only 4 years but say the department changes the schedule to an on call 24/7/365 with no vacation and you last 3 years and 11 months before having to miss a day for whatever reason. They can terminate you and you will be on the hook for the entire 80K (payable within 30 days) with 14% compounding interest! There is all sorts of good stuff like giving up the right to an attorney, aknowaging that the contract was not signed under duress, etc...

Might be a nice bird but one would have to think if it was worth signing their life away?

Not crazy when one reads the terms of the contract... I've herd its only 4 years but say the department changes the schedule to an on call 24/7/365 with no vacation and you last 3 years and 11 months before having to miss a day for whatever reason. They can terminate you and you will be on the hook for the entire 80K (payable within 30 days) with 14% compounding interest! There is all sorts of good stuff like giving up the right to an attorney, aknowaging that the contract was not signed under duress, etc...

Might be a nice bird but one would have to think if it was worth signing their life away?

wonder if they'll try to put their pilots on the hook for recurrent at the end of the 4 years. if initial cost 80-100k. recurrent has got to be at least 30-40K.

If that's accurate, it's absolutely criminal. There is NO airplane worth that kind of nonsense, I don't care how big, shiny and advanced it is. Do the high-end 91 operators like Starbucks, John Deere and Qualcomm require a commitment from their guys? Not sure they do.

Its the latest Gulfstream man, I aknowag that its well worth it!

:)

I heard a 650 type is 1 million dollars.

Yup and its so complicated they actually have to type rate you on the SIM before they can let you train in it...

Yup and its so complicated they actually have to type rate you on the SIM before they can let you train in it...

I heard you have to build the sim, blindfolded, then do your type ride in it.

Serious business.

Latest resources

Back