Any July 15'ers yet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lots?

It would stand to reason... more sims... more training. However, it seems interesting how tight-lipped the people department is on the issue. I fully realize potential legal ramifications may surface from speaking up. Plus I know they don't like to speculate.

Just curious though, the company seems to stand firm on there earlier estimate of 250 pilots for 2002. With the classes from earlier in the year (Jan to Apr), that would leave about 80 slots for the rest of the year. Other people in this forum have realyed rumors which indicate an additional 200 pilots for the rest of the year. Anyone care to guess what's going on? The other issue was the hiring of additional instructors... was that an increase in instructors or was there attrition in the instuctor ranks?

So many questions... too much time on my hands I guess. Can't wait to dry off.

Regards,

RightBettor

Congrats on the class "ATKTK." Enjoy yourself in Dallas.:)

Nationality

To answer the question about U.S. Citizenship, there is a new federal law on the books -- posted on the General Board for those interested -- which requires proof of citizenship for flight training. The law was enacted, I believe in June.

From this day forward, every sim training/checkride/recurrent will require a copy of Birth Certificate or Passport.

Congrats ATKTK--you are truely seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, not just headlights driving towards you!

I sent back my backgrond update info recently. Like the rest of you, I hope this is a sign of good things to come....soon. I have a question for everyone:

I am currently furloughed/not flying. My 1st Class physical cert. unfortunately was in my pocket when I jumped into the pool and it has since disintegrated over the past 8 months...I am wondering if I need a 1st class to go to class or will a 2nd class work? No such thing as a stupid question, right? Just stupid people (me).

Trying to get my ducks in a row.

See you in Dallas

Medical??

Don't know first hand about SWA and the Medical, however my three (yeah, 3, what a life!) previous 121 jobs required a class I to start training. Course, a quick phone call or email to JB would confirm that.

Since this pool is so deep and sooooo long, I'm now SCUBA certified. Just sittin on the bottom suckin air and chilin.

:D

I asked JB about the Class I issue when mine went to a Class II in Mar. She said it was fine not to renew at that time (treading in the pool), but that I would need a current Class I to start training.

Cheers!

PS - still hoping to hear of CP phone calls to get the weekend started right...

Got tired of the prune skin so I've purchased a used sub from the Soviet navy.:D Ya'll welcome to come aboard.

I was told by a reliable source a First class medical is required to start training. Just did mine a few hours ago so I'm ready.

RJ (jetpltrich #25 on the list at last look-see)

Hey yall..

A First class is required to start the first day of training..After that you may elect to allow it to lapse to a Second class..

However,for us old guys..Dont forget the you still have the EKG requirment as well and if you let your First lapse to a Second make sure your EKG is current..

Like i almost did..

Mike
MLBWINGBORN

Just a thought...

Okay, so if ATKTK got called and say our list contains about 1/2 of the actual pool, then I would think about 14 have been or will be contacted for the July 15 class. If 20 are in the class then it should get real close to boots. You also have to wonder how many of the previous stop loss people we have on the flightinfo list. I'm sure many of them were stuck overseas and not able to play our game.

I hope im wrong and more people downstream from ATKTK get called but it's been awful quiet so far.

Just tired of cutting bait, I wanna fish, swimming is getting old.

BTW where is pegasus and ivauir and when you need them...

Oh and Rightbettor, let me know when i can use your duck.

Last edited:
WHAT???

Oh... Duck... D - U - C - K... I had to read that twice!! Yeah, okay, take the rubber duck. I'm tired of this pool already. Time to go kick the dog!!!

RightBettor

Latest resources

Back