Any info if Compass Airlines will be hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Friend

Does anyone know if Compass will be hiring at all. with the flow up to Delta i imagine Compass will be needing many pilots.

Does anyone know if Compass will be hiring at all. with the flow up to Delta i imagine Compass will be needing many pilots.

There is a rumor of some classes this fall. There is a pool of 70-ish pilots but I'd be surprised if half of them would be interested after waiting about a year in the pool.

Flow? I thought that was gone ?
Do you mean preferential interview process ie 2 day instead of three day interview process.

Right but they are a percentage in new hire classes so it won't be like cz will lose hundreds per month when it starts.

Of course we're not going to lose "hundreds [of pilots] per month when it starts"; we've only about 460 pilots. Pilots flow at twenty per month (not percentage dependent), until 25% of the total seniority list flows in a rolling 12 month period.

We're estimated to lose approximately 115 pilots within in the next 12 months. Phantom classes are going to be established at DAL starting in September, with pilots leaving Compass property in December. A quarter of the seniority list, off the top, is significant movement at any company.

Our ignoramous mgmt seem to think that we still have 70 sitting patiently in the pool waiting to get called to Compass, and have even stated so in a recent recurrent class. I will be very surprised if we have 10 come out of the pool to an actual class with other regionals offering signing bonuses. So yea, Compass will be hiring around probably November, since they like to wait till the last possible second to start any classes.

Our ignoramous mgmt seem to think that we still have 70 sitting patiently in the pool waiting to get called to Compass, and have even stated so in a recent recurrent class. I will be very surprised if we have 10 come out of the pool to an actual class with other regionals offering signing bonuses. So yea, Compass will be hiring around probably November, since they like to wait till the last possible second to start any classes.

+1 agreed

I have flown with 3 Pinnacle pilots who are in that pool and all will be leaving. I assume Compass could get 110 pinnacle pilots from the bottom half of our list alone.

I have flown with 3 Pinnacle pilots who are in that pool and all will be leaving. I assume Compass could get 110 pinnacle pilots from the bottom half of our list alone.

I think that is what they are counting on. Pinnacle, Eagle, and any other stagnant regional

Latest resources

Back