Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any home based business success stories out there?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You are wrong you just found the wrong builder.If you would like his email please contact me. But it doesn't matter home prices are coming down.

Nobody is building homes in Socal for $85-100/sf...unless it's in Blythe!!

Do you want his email? Only problem is the good contractors have waiting lists. And this is not Blythe.

No thanks...very happy with the quality of work provided by my builder...!!

psysicx said:
Is there a way to find a foreclosuer list?

Wait another year or so. I bet there will be hundreds of thousands of foreclosures as interests rates go up and people aren't able to climb out of their I/O mortage debt. And with the new BK laws, people can't declare BK as easily, further making their situation more dire.

The problem, however, is with these I/O loans, no equity is being built. Purchasing a foreclosure won't be as profitable as it has been in the past...

And about Rich Dad, Poor Dad, he's a scam. But atleast his book makes you think about where you want to be. I personally don't like being tied to my company - I have a side business in web design that covers my monthly bills. If I were to get furloughed tomorrow, I wouldn't save much money, but I wouldn't be evicted, either. It's not a lot of money, but atleast I'm not totally dependent. I'm looking to get out of it, however, and purse something different. Real Estate has been the hot ticket lately, which means once everyone is doing it, I've already missed my chance :).

~wheelsup

Phaedrus said:
Sounds like a good plan...if you want no peace.

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times,Serif]Going into business with friends or family? Prepare for disaster. If you're naive -- er, I mean optimistic -- enough to think you can make it work, be sure you can handle the business pitfalls that can damage a personal relationship.
[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times,Serif]Success breeds its own dissent; business with friends or family members gets even more complicated when dividing the spoils. Partners don't always contribute equal capital to the project. Often, one person supplies the idea and another provides the cash -- then the business takes off and becomes worth millions. If stock was divided unequally at the start, 20-20 hindsight makes smaller shareholders realize they should have twice the stake they were given. If the stock was divided equally, that same hindsight makes some shareholders realize they worked harder and deserve more stock. It happens every time.[/FONT]

Wow, you mean my investors may lose their money!? Maybe I should have explained this better to them?

Hopefully, if you have a well thought out and written buisiness plan your investors can make an informed decision as to whether or not the risk is worth taking.

Your points are valid and noted. However, your attitude is typical of those who are stuck in the "daily-grind" with a feeling of no escape and the notion that the possible is impossible! Maybe that explains why you state in your profile that your current position is "STUCK"!

psysicx said:
Thats great. I just don't like seeing people get ripped off.

psy, for $100/sqft in Socal you must be getting pure $hit.

$200 minimum, $300 more like it.

maybe sliding a bit due to some slowing down...but $85?...c'mon....whats the pay and QOL like at $85?

Latest resources

Back