Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any Fractionals With Jumpseat Privileges?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Whoop Whoop

Net Jets, if I recall, used to have jumpseat agreements with multiple airlines.

Do they still? If so, with whom?

If not, does any other Fractional have jumpseat agreements with any airlines?

Thank you in advance!

Yeah, But...

Stinkbug said:
CitationShares has agreements with Airtran, Commutair and Sun Country.

One of the requirements for being hired at CitationShares, of their website: "CitationShares pilots must reside within 120 minutes of their Pilot Base."

[sigh]

Whoop Whoop said:
Net Jets, if I recall, used to have jumpseat agreements with multiple airlines.

Do they still? If so, with whom?

If not, does any other Fractional have jumpseat agreements with any airlines?

Thank you in advance!

If you want to be an airline pilot, then be one. If you want to fly corporate/fractional, then do that.

Netjets has never had any formal jumpseat agreements. The company and a pilot committee looked into it years ago and determined we couldn't do it formally because of being unable to reciprocate. In order to reciprocate, all the share owners would have to sign an agreement.

There have been, and are still I think, a few who let us jumpseat out of the kindness of their hearts (e.g. Southwest).

When I flew for Great Lakes, I took several NetJets pilots as jumpseaters. Company policy gave captains a lot of leeway on who we could accept and even though NetJets couldn't reciprocate, everyone I asked took NetJets pilots.

I don't know if this helps or not, but perhaps some of the smaller operators have more lenient policies.

At XJT we can take ANY and I mean ANY 121 pilot, agreement or not in the back. Otherwise thats it, no 91 or any other guys allowed. I don't see that changing because how can Frac's reciprocate?

ATRCA said:
At XJT we can take ANY and I mean ANY 121 pilot, agreement or not in the back. Otherwise thats it, no 91 or any other guys allowed. I don't see that changing because how can Frac's reciprocate?
We'll (NJA) soon be operating 121 service, what then?

ATRCA said:

Citationshares has formal agreements with the airlines I mentioned earlier. The agreements are available for viewing on our employee website. I don't know how they were secured...I agree that reciprocation is virtually impossible. On a side note I've talked to co-workers at CS who have jumpseated on other carriers with regularity. Midwest Airlines comes to mind, and I believe Southwest as well.

ATRCA said:

Maybe by purchasing last-minute FULL FARE tickets for their 2300 pilots a couple times every month on said carrier?

Latest resources

Back