• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any FDX pilots buying this???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm new on the MD11/10, but I don't have a problem with it. There are much more significant diffs between 727s 100 and 200s. Hell there are more significant diffs between the 200s alone. At least the flight instruments and switches are all in the same place for the most part. I think the 72 had like 7 different types of autopilots.

I think this argument came from those who had been on the MD11 for along time, became spoiled with it, and then didn't want to be "bothered" by this less powered step-child!

Guys, there are plenty of folks out there gleefully adding to the sh!train coming down on these two pilots.

So the safety commitee raises their hand a little and says, "Hey, wait a minute, let's look beyond the pilot error stuff and maybe dig a little deeper; maybe we can fix a few things to make us a little safer." That's all they're doing.

I know you Yeagers out there can handle whatever comes your way, but if it was ME sitting in the conference room off Jack's office, I'd want a union that explored some possibilities - other than just pointing at my screwup.

Latest resources

Back