• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any Ex-ATA Guys at GoJets?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you need a flying job do it. I cant believe I am saying this but McNugget is right, no one on here is paying your bills. Its not crossing a picket line and working there is no different than what other regionals do--- they all take flying from mailine carriers. No one is less guilty than others---yet some point fingers.

And it sure will NOT hurt yours or anyone elses career, never has and never will.

Last edited:
Nothing has changed. Go Jets was created in violation of the Trans States ALPA contract. Pilots who take jobs at Go Jets are directly responsible for Trans States pilots being furloughed and downgraded and thereby not being able to pay bills and provide for their families. Technically Go Jet pilots are not scabs, but they are undoubtedly scumbags. The whole 'I'm just trying to take care of my family' argument does not work because we are all just trying to do that very thing.

Just throwing this out there, so 30 years from now you decide to become a pilot for Gojets does that make you a scum bag? What year is the cutoff?

Yeah, as much as I don't like what the company GoJet did to TSA, it's still a flying job. If facing furlough with no other flying options, I'd go.

Whatever you boys need to tell yourselves so that you can sleep at night, thats fine. I wont defend the regionals. They are crummy outfits for the most part; but, there were alot of Trans States pilots who could have gone to Go Jets and gotten a leg up, but didnt because they had a bit of personal integrity. Bottom line: Go Jet pilots are scumbags. Everyone there knows exactly what they did.

so gojet pilots are directly responsible for the demise of trans states. So if Jetblue decides to go after spirit and put them out of buisness and they succeed, the jetblue pilots will be personally responsible for putting all the spirit pilots out of work. I assume the jetblue pilots would be scumbag also.

Your an idiot. Everyone needs to draw a paycheck and pay bills.

Your like the same usair captain idiot that lectured me on the jumpseat for 2 hours on how my former company with 2 old 737 200s was trying put usair and him on the street. Like I had anything directly to do with it. All I was trying to do was jumpseat to work so I can pay bills.

Staying current and the potential to upgrade is more constructive than working at Home Depot. None of these people have your best interests in mind. They would rather your career end, to support an ideal that they would not uphold, if they were in the same situation.

Wait, this is a crareer? Wrong you are. It's a job, and a temporary one at that. Plus, more security at the Homo Depot job. See you in orange!

Yes, there are a number of ex-ATA pilots at GoJets. However GoJets got started, the die is cast. They were, without question, an alter-ego carrier formed specifically to undermine the TranStates contract. Unfortunately, like the scabs at Continental being accepted into ALPA, they are indemnified.

I worked at UFS Inc. back in the 90's. We had some Air Wisconsin pilots who considered us scabs. We were not. As much as people want to blame furloughed pilots for accepting jobs at GoJets for their position in life, they are scapegoating the wrong entities.

One additional note. UFS was also owned by Hulas. Did that make them scumbags? I don't think so.

DALPA and ALPA Nat'l is directly responsible for this RJ vs. mainline dilemma. They were the first, next and last to scope OUT RJ's back in 1996.

Now, enough whining and figure out how it's going to be rectified going forward.

I'm ex-TSA and ex-ATA. I defend my friends for getting a job.

If you get hired and need the job, take it. Please don't let idiots on a message board decide what is right for you. To do otherwise is foolishness. These people spout a lot of crap just for the sake of spouting off. There have been plenty of guys who flew for GJ that have been able to attain employment elsewhere. In no way is GJ a deal breaker for future employment. It gets old, the hissy fits about them.

Yes, there are a number of ex-ATA pilots at GoJets. However GoJets got started, the die is cast. They were, without question, an alter-ego carrier formed specifically to undermine the TranStates contract. Unfortunately, like the scabs at Continental being accepted into ALPA, they are indemnified.

I worked at UFS Inc. back in the 90's. We had some Air Wisconsin pilots who considered us scabs. We were not. As much as people want to blame furloughed pilots for accepting jobs at GoJets for their position in life, they are scapegoating the wrong entities.

I agree. ALPA let Cal rejoin. This was before their big hiring spree when it was known as a scab airline. Unfortunately, my heart rate goes up every time I meet one of those CAL pieces of sh!t. We denied one a jumpseat the other day. He probably would have gotten to go had he kept his f*cking mouth shut. He was bragging about crossing the picket line. He said it was the best move of his live. Claimed the first couple years were a little tough, but it blew over. The Cal and Eastern scabs that are still flying today is where all your hatred should be. A lot of the Eastern scabs went to ValueJet and are now extremely old and senior at Airtran.

Latest resources

Back