Any Ex-ATA Guys at GoJets?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

airspeedsalive

I was wondering if there are any ex TZ guys on the board that are currently at Gojets.

I'm a former TZ SOC /dispatch person, thats been flying full time since we shut down. I've got a few questions about flying for Gojets.

Since I'm looking for real info, instead of the usual FI/Gojets crap, a PM would be great.

Thanks

Nothing has changed. Go Jets was created in violation of the Trans States ALPA contract. Pilots who take jobs at Go Jets are directly responsible for Trans States pilots being furloughed and downgraded and thereby not being able to pay bills and provide for their families. Technically Go Jet pilots are not scabs, but they are undoubtedly scumbags. The whole 'I'm just trying to take care of my family' argument does not work because we are all just trying to do that very thing.

GoJets will have just as much impact on your career as attending Gulfstream Academy or slumming it at Pinnacle. In other words, you will be a shoe-in for AirTran.

Nothing has changed. Go Jets was created in violation of the Trans States ALPA contract. Pilots who take jobs at Go Jets are directly responsible for Trans States pilots being furloughed and downgraded and thereby not being able to pay bills and provide for their families. Technically Go Jet pilots are not scabs, but they are undoubtedly scumbags. The whole 'I'm just trying to take care of my family' argument does not work because we are all just trying to do that very thing.
So if I take the job there as a Captain because I am getting furloughed at UAL because of GoJet and other regionals does that mean I am a scumbag also? I have to support my family too!

Support your family, and take the job! Flightinfo members aren't going to help pay your mortgage.

Whatever you boys need to tell yourselves so that you can sleep at night, thats fine. I wont defend the regionals. They are crummy outfits for the most part; but, there were alot of Trans States pilots who could have gone to Go Jets and gotten a leg up, but didnt because they had a bit of personal integrity. Bottom line: Go Jet pilots are scumbags. Everyone there knows exactly what they did.

I am furloughed too, but I am looking at Unemployment $$$ or First year pay.....not much different!

Staying current and the potential to upgrade is more constructive than working at Home Depot. None of these people have your best interests in mind. They would rather your career end, to support an ideal that they would not uphold, if they were in the same situation.

ALPA is responsible for GoJet being created. They verbally agreed to a contract that included flying 90 seat A/C for the same rate as the 70 seaters. ALPA backed out after reading the contract in print. So TSA started a new airline with no union and everyone on 1st year pay. Thank alpa.

Dont get me wrong its still a dirtbag airline with zero QOL. Id avoid it at all cost.

Latest resources

Back