Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bogey383

???????????
your company seems to always have classes going or interviews set. is this due to a great deal of flow through due to horrible qol. or do people get in get the types and get out. just some basics on the company would be cool.

i mean if your going to just time build i would do it at a place i would want to go. is it worth it to stick around for the upgrade or just get the turbine time and dip out anyway. ya know

Join the party

I recommend Colgan for the simple fact that if you come in with a descent amount of time, you will upgrade fast. Get the turbine PIC and move on. Plan on a couple years of sucking it up and dealing with near daily Colganoscopys and you will be rewarded over the rainbow. Join the many hearty souls that once called Colgan home. See you on the line.

what are the chances of holding a descent line right outta class? what bases are you normally stuck in for the beech or the snaab?

YMICFI said:
I recommend Colgan for the simple fact that if you come in with a descent amount of time, you will upgrade fast. Get the turbine PIC and move on. Plan on a couple years of sucking it up and dealing with near daily Colganoscopys and you will be rewarded over the rainbow. Join the many hearty souls that once called Colgan home. See you on the line.

where you at now?

Heard from a good source a few days ago that we have 4 in class right for Saab, want a 5 more in a June 19 class, and another class July 17 (not sure if it's only Saab, or a mix). Also was told future looks like this: upgrade will be 1 year for Beech, 2 years for Saab. Don't really know what attrition is like, but know more usually leave in summer for some reason.

Why do people leave? Some have the PIC and move on to the bigger and better job. FO's that leave do so for an RJ job with a base close to home, it seems.

Bases: Just know they will put you where they need help, be in JST, PQI, SHD, BHB, AUG, wherever. Some are lucky and fall into a base like ORF out of training. If you're persistent with crew planning, you'll get where you want eventually, at least as an FO. Obviously a longer wait when you're a Capt. Hope that helps.

Snaab

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back