Any Cocal-Cola drivers on here?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dickburns

Saw one of your G550s coming back from Beijing. Looks like a pretty sweet gig. I *MUST* say, all of you Gulfstream drivers on this board...I hope you know how good you have it, from everything I've seen, that is the best of the best, in terms of pilot jobs. Great travel. All over the world, exotic spots, company takes care of you, decent salary. Definitely a dream job, though they seem to be almost IMPOSSIBLE to get. I'm jealous!

watch out what you wish for- you most probably will get it.

oh btw, it is pretty good and no I don't mean coke. :)

Saw one of your G550s coming back from Beijing. Looks like a pretty sweet gig. I *MUST* say, all of you Gulfstream drivers on this board...I hope you know how good you have it, from everything I've seen, that is the best of the best, in terms of pilot jobs. Great travel. All over the world, exotic spots, company takes care of you, decent salary. Definitely a dream job, though they seem to be almost IMPOSSIBLE to get. I'm jealous!

Since when have you been able to judge the quality of a flight department by the type of aircraft operated? :confused:

I gar-dam-tee you there are Gulfstream jobs that could never pay me enough to take.

Since when have you been able to judge the quality of a flight department by the type of aircraft operated? :confused:

I gar-dam-tee you there are Gulfstream jobs that could never pay me enough to take.

I think most understood the post to mean that, in general, the better corporate jobs are in larger equipment. Add decent pay, a good company, and sufficient staff - and you may have the ideal job (In his opinion, and mine)

Only YOU know what job is good for YOU...but I gar-dam-tee ya..:) ... there are far more crappy Beechjet jobs than crappy G550 jobs.

Gulfstream200 hit the nail on the head.

How many C560 or BE40 jobs do you get to fly all over the world for? Fly nice equipment? Etc. I think it's suffice to say a G550/GLEX job is about the best job out there in the pilot world. I just hope most of the Gucci-jet drivers realize how good they have it!

. I think it's suffice to say a G550/GLEX job is about the best job out there in the pilot world. I just hope most of the Gucci-jet drivers realize how good they have it!

well......Id say you need to shop the company and coworkers before the aircraft...but YES, combine them all and you might be looking at the better jobs in the industry in terms of QOL, stability (careful!) and money.

Plus, some experience in these planes allows you to walk from those crappy gigs and shop more carefully for the top jobs!

A understaffed (anything under 3-4 IMHO) Gulf/GLEX job with an owner who hops the world can be an awful, horrible gig...

I also find flying all over the world to be "fun" - but its still away from home, and there better be good breaks in between all the "fun" to enjoy what really matters - a decent salary and time at home with family and friends.

;)

Last edited:
Good job if you don't mind doing a lot of 15 to 19 day trips around the world.

Flight Safety Atlanta is littered with guys who couldn't get away from Coke fast enough. 15+ day trips, home for 3 or 4, and out 15+ again.

Latest resources

Back