• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any Cocal-Cola drivers on here?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The bigger the airplane = the bigger the suitcase = the longer you're gone!

ALL I WANTED WAS A PEPSI!!!

Last edited:
I fly a couple of old, but very well maintained Falcon 20's for a 91 only flight department. I've flown about four hours this month with no overnights. I've only done 2 RON's all summer.
G-200, your right, I did generalize my statement, but in the case of Coke, 18 days in a row away from home isn't worth flying a G550 or the money that it brings IMO.

I guess in my opinion it's not so much the fact that you get to fly a Gucci jet as what the job includes. The exotic travel would rank as the #1 job perk/pro for something like that. How much fun is it flying everyday between two small towns 500nm apart, and you go to those spots week in, week out. International flying is where it's at, you get to travel, get all over, interact with different controllers, cultures, flying rules/regs (oceanic stuff, etc). The reason I said GLEX/G550 is I don't know of any BE40 or C525 operator that goes to Asia and Europe routinely, etc. You need a long range jet to get to those spots and travel, so maybe you could include a F900EX but that would basically be the extent of the equipment.

Dream jobs, in my opinion.

I guess in my opinion it's not so much the fact that you get to fly a Gucci jet as what the job includes. The exotic travel would rank as the #1 job perk/pro for something like that. How much fun is it flying everyday between two small towns 500nm apart, and you go to those spots week in, week out. International flying is where it's at, you get to travel, get all over, interact with different controllers, cultures, flying rules/regs (oceanic stuff, etc). The reason I said GLEX/G550 is I don't know of any BE40 or C525 operator that goes to Asia and Europe routinely, etc. You need a long range jet to get to those spots and travel, so maybe you could include a F900EX but that would basically be the extent of the equipment.

While I see what you are saying I and alot of us prefer to be HOME as much as possible due to kids, family (those of us that actually HAVE a functional family). I have been to over ten countries and I don't fly a F900.

But yes I see your points.

Anybody know the secret handshake to enter the Gulfstream community? I want the jacket.

The jacket is for weenies that love to show everyone that they drive a Gulfstream.

Same as those whose vanity plate says anything aviation related like GDRVR, GLXPLT n' such

Or is it just a short weenie complex..?

:D

I think I hear what you are saying...and I agree, I dislike domestic flying as I find it a lot more work that INTL flying, and far more draining. I probably do no more than 5-10 domestic flights a year now, and thats fine. We do a mix of flying, an have some older guys who are just as happy to stay close these days..better them than me.

BUT...I know plenty of INTL operations that are downright miserable. An owner who want to live in Hong Kong 6 months of the year? - guess where you may sit for weeks at a time? - dont get me wrong its a great city for a night or two but its NOT HOME! and that gets old real quick.

Another reason to shop WAY beyond the jet on the ramp? - QOL - there are billionaires who insist you reposition coach class. Ever try that? I wouldn't, Id quit on the spot first. Business class or better is bad enough when repostioning far away (a simple fact sometimes on these aircraft)

There are a lot of things to consider! - the plane itself being a few items down on the list...

Good Luck!

PS - and yes, the wearing of the vendor jacket says WEENIE like nothing else. Just dont do it. Its like photshopping afterburners into your Gulfstream avatar - it screams "Im a real dork"......:laugh:

Last edited:
The LAX-CRQ legs were far more stressful than the LAX-RJAA legs. But I enjoyed both.

To each, his own. My family has adjusted to my schedule whether it's 5 3-day trips with the airlines or 20 day trips in corporate. I've found that it's up to you to make the adjustment when you get home. An FO told me that it was a pain to go home because his kid wanted to play ball and spend time with his Dad while he wanted to work on his hobby (woodworking or something...). "My days off are MY days off". He may not have been the most miserable SOB I've met in aviation but he certainly was in medal contention.

Salesmen, truck drivers, boat captains, pilots--LOTS of people spend time on the road--many spend more time away from home than we do. It's the commitment you make to your family that determines whether your marriage survives or not. TC

P.S.--G200: I'm guessing you don't want any of my FFB miles on Frontier or SWA from all my repositioning flights. :puke: ;)

Last edited:
The bigger the airplane = the bigger the suitcase = the longer you're gone!

I used to think this too. But I must say that this is a generalization. 3 years ago I left a job flying Citations and had 100 RON's. Flew about 600 hours.

I now fly a GIV and fly about 375 hours with around 30-40 RON's. Oh yeah, and I get paid almost double. 95% domestic too.

I say none of this to brag. I thank God for how he has blessed me. I would give it all up in a heart beat if that was God's plan for me. I just did'nt want this aviator who aspires to fly large equipment to be detered by some false information by people who have never flown such equipment.

It really depends on the operator. If your dream is to fly Intl. Do it!!! I can say that is a ton of fun. And my skills have grown exponentially since I started flying oversees.

Bottom line. To each his own.

The jacket is for weenies that love to show everyone that they drive a Gulfstream.

Same as those whose vanity plate says anything aviation related like GDRVR, GLXPLT n' such

Or is it just a short weenie complex..?

:D

I cant speak for anyone else. But in my case, the jacket was free and I wear it because I am too cheap to buy myself a leather jacket. :laugh: (2 kids at home). I could care less that it says Gulfstream on the front. Of course if it said "weenie" on the front I would have to reconsider.

Latest resources

Back