Any Central Air Southwest Guys???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Trader J

Any current pilots at CASW know what the TUL run is like? I see that it is open right now. Also whats the latest on pay over there. The web site is down so I cant look at anything.

THanks

The website worked just fine for me.

www.centralairsouthwest.com

The commander is one dang fine airplane but if you have 135 requirements you could be making more and flying jets in the current market.

However, if being at home every day and flying a commander is your think Towner is a great boss. I think starting pay is around 1700/mo while on probation (3 months) and after that it gos up a little. It looks like after 6 months they will let you use the commander to get your ATP at no charge, that wasn't around back in my day. I sure do miss that commander.

If you want to know more call them, they are a great group of people over there. Murray, Towner, and the Muffin Lady.... a time of my life I will never forget. Good luck.

Last edited:
Good times.

I flew for CASW before going to CMR. The AC500 is a great airplane, a pilot's airplane. Great single engine performance. A failure is realy a non-event. CASW is the largest AC500 operator in the world.

You do fly in $hitty wx. I was based in Michigan and some of the destinations like GRR and Pelston, Traverse City in the winter are outright nasty.

TKS system on the AC500 is a great anti-icing system. Unfortunately you won't have any other bells and whistles to work with. Just a plain old 6 pack and a VFR panel mounted GPS.

Pay is low but PIC multi and a free ATP certificate are golden.

Never had mx issues that weren't properly handeled. Never was forced to fly in conditions that I realy shouldn't be flying in.

JT, Murray, Pam aka the muffin lady are good people. It's a family owned and operated operation.

I enjoyed my time there and sure do miss the Commander.

Ditto to what the other guys said. It's a good place to build up your ME time in a hurry, and good people to work for.

i find it kind of morbid that you post this question today concerning tulsa.

i like JT/MB as much as the next guy, but 2 fatals in slightly more than 2 years...

go to the regionals or at least pax 135. i am tired of losing frieghtdog brothers.

i like JT/MB as much as the next guy, but 2 fatals in slightly more than 2 years...

go to the regionals or at least pax 135. i am tired of losing frieghtdog brothers.

It was posted 2 days ago, but still kinda creepy.

What is the freight like on that TUL run now? I heard the run changed a bit. When I flew it for a couple of weeks (a few years ago) it was TUL-OKC-AUS-OKC-TUL and it was a H E A V Y run. Probably one of the heavier that CASW had.

I used to work for CASW, I had glide slope failed on the final at least 5 times, DG failed on me once in solid IMC, broken RPM gage a few times, flaps failed 4 times, pitot heat failed once (and I fund that out the hard way in the icing condition), TKS and heater failed to work so many times I lost count. Some of my coworkers, they had some crazier inflight malfunctions. To all those pilots in CASW, PLEASE be safe during the winter!!!!!!!!!

I used to work for CASW, I had glide slope failed on the final at least 5 times, DG failed on me once in solid IMC, broken RPM gage a few times, flaps failed 4 times, pitot heat failed once (and I fund that out the hard way in the icing condition), TKS and heater failed to work so many times I lost count. Some of my coworkers, they had some crazier inflight malfunctions. To all those pilots in CASW, PLEASE be safe during the winter!!!!!!!!!

I'm not going to sit here and tell you that any piston freight carriers have the best possible mx, but I will say that the planes are older than dirt and wierd things are going to break especially when they are getting the cycles and the hours that a company like CASW puts on them. The more you use anything the more likely things are going to break. A company like CASW utilizes their planes to the maximum efficiency to complete the mission, satisfy the customer, and turn a profit. The same could be said about Flight Express, Ram Air, etc. I was never asked to fly a broken airplane at CASW, but I did expect them to break.

Its your skills as a pilot that kept you alive and the skills that you developed at that job that got you the next job.

After all.... your still alive and kickin.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back