Any calls for SWA January Classes?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

livingmydream

It's about that time for the calls to start for January classes.

If you don't mind, please post your interview date as well.

Thanks and have fun in training!

Nothing yet, patiently waiting. Interviewed Aug. 15 and was told I was two classes away. Btw, does anyone know what the pay is during training? When insurance starts...etc? Thanks

pay is 2k gross every two weeks, paid on the 5th and 20th. You have basic health insurance right off the bat, and an upgraded version 30 days later (something like that, anyway).

By the way, most guys are making about 5-6k gross a month after IOE (excluding per diem) with a little overtime here and there. (Perdiem is about $500/month and you usually spend about $100-150 out of pocket). 7k is possible, as I've done it as well, but you can't be a commuter for that to happen....and you have to play on the computer constantly for trip trades etc.

Last edited:
I spoke with a guy in the Dec. 18th class, he got called 1 month and 2 days before class starts. Hopefully calls are going out this week for January 4th. I would not mind watching the Texas/USC game in Dallas on the 4th. I interviewed in July.

Thanks for the info. If one gets paid on the 5th and 20th, is the pay at SWA two weeks in arrears or a month? In other words in the pay on the 20th for the work during the 5th-20th or the previous 20th-5th. Just wondering how long it takes to get the first paycheck. Also, is per diem paid during trainging? Cannot wait to start........

Whataburger said:
I spoke with a guy in the Dec. 18th class, he got called 1 month and 2 days before class starts. Hopefully calls are going out this week for January 4th. I would not mind watching the Texas/USC game in Dallas on the 4th. I interviewed in July.

The classes in December are starting on Wednesday. Dec. 7, 14.

pay on the 5th is an advance.
pay on the 20th is for the previous calendar month minus what your advance was.

pay during training is sort of strange since you don't have any 'prior month' to get paid for.

I started 1mar04. My first three checks were as follows, gross and net, net will obviously depend on your deductions and the pay rates have gone up since then so adjust as approriate. When I started it ws 37.65 per trip.

15mar04 1800 1400
31mar04 1800 1205
15apr04 1800 1034

It takes around 2 or 2.5 months to get on the proper schedule where you get a standard advance on the 5th and get paid for the previous month on the 20th.

1st yr pay is 44.15 per trip. Training is paid at 80 trips per month. You can do the math. If some one is making 7k a month first yr. That is roughly 150 trips per month. They must not have a home life and that carple tunnel syndrome is a real threat with that much computer time trading and bidding for open time.

Actually, I think that it would be less than 150 trips a month since any EF gets paid at 2nd year rates. I never did any of that so am not smart on it, but some guys are able to do quite a bit I imagine (by being available during monthly overlap I suspect).

Latest resources

Back