• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any calls for SWA January Classes?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A basic health benefits package will start for you and your family on day one, and you then have 30 days to make your elections into which plan you would like to join.

firstthird said:
pay on the 5th is an advance.
pay on the 20th is for the previous calendar month minus what your advance was.

pay during training is sort of strange since you don't have any 'prior month' to get paid for.

I started 1mar04. My first three checks were as follows, gross and net, net will obviously depend on your deductions and the pay rates have gone up since then so adjust as approriate. When I started it ws 37.65 per trip.

15mar04 1800 1400
31mar04 1800 1205
15apr04 1800 1034

It takes around 2 or 2.5 months to get on the proper schedule where you get a standard advance on the 5th and get paid for the previous month on the 20th.

Will we get paid on the 5th and 20th or 15th and last day of the month?

sorry about that, it is a little confusing, both in reality and my post.

Pay days are the 5th and 20th. But they are for the periods ending the 15th and 30th/31st.

Thus, if you start on 1mar06, you will get a check on 20Mar06 which is for the pay period ending 15mar06. and on 5apr06, you will get a check for the pay period ending 31mar06. etc.

I was paid 1800/payck to start, apparently with new higher pay rate it is more like 2000/payck.

Sorry for the unclear explanation the first time, guess I'm just too used to it and didn't think anything of it.

Benhuntn said:
1st yr pay is 44.15 per trip. Training is paid at 80 trips per month. You can do the math. If some one is making 7k a month first yr. That is roughly 150 trips per month. They must not have a home life and that carple tunnel syndrome is a real threat with that much computer time trading and bidding for open time.

Not that hard to do once you get off reserve (1 to 2 months) and can move trips around to open up space, and give trips away easier.

90 trips at 1st yr. 90 x 44.15 = 3973.50
30 trips at 2nd yr. 30 x 74.49 = 2234.70
perdiem for 120 trips = est. 700

Total 6908.20

I takes some figuring out and a little luck with ELITT but it can be done without sacraficing much time off.

well, I'm on my 4th month on the line and I got reserve. I was able to trade most of it away sans one four day trip. The rest I was able to fly as first year or EF/MOT/DOT pay. For the month of November, I worked 18 days which had 10 overnights. Most of the trips were turns or two days. 120 trips total: 60 @ first year and 60@ at seconds year =7080. It can be done, but its not easy.

C'mon, all this talk about money and benefits is great, BUT gotta get to class first! Has ANYBODY heard anything, or been called for a January class?

Inquiring minds want to know. And a few nervous ones, too!;)

Tommorow 20 new hires show up at the training center.... then 20 more the week after! Someone give us an update!

TexaSWA said:
Not that hard to do once you get off reserve (1 to 2 months) and can move trips around to open up space, and give trips away easier.

90 trips at 1st yr. 90 x 44.15 = 3973.50
30 trips at 2nd yr. 30 x 74.49 = 2234.70
perdiem for 120 trips = est. 700

Total 6908.20

I takes some figuring out and a little luck with ELITT but it can be done without sacraficing much time off.

Don't forget this is all pre-tax. When the tax man cometh the tax man with taketh away and re-distribute.

First paycheck for a single individual with no kids or extra deductions is $1500.63. Pay day on the 5th is $1409.35 on the 20th depends on your ability/desire to fly extra. If you just fly your reserve line take home is between $2300 - $2500. You will fly alot on reserve!! I thought I would pick up open time but I'm so wrecked from my 4 days of reserve I enjoy some couch time with the wife.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back