• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any Bets....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Things will get better. Maybe not rigt away though. I hope we have learned a lesson or four about bubbles and what causes them. My guess is there will be abother bubble burst in the comming months..(credit card consumer debt). People are so far behind on their debt, and losing their job so something has to give. Serves alot of the credit card companies right!

I wonder what the aviation landscape will look like when the smoke from this (economic) crash clears?

Will United still be flying? U.S. Airways? How will SWA be doing? Fractionals, cargo? Who knows?!?

We as much as anything are going through a re-evaluation of values. For some time, real estate holdings have been enveloped in a bubble that was sure to have problems. The market went up enthusiastically based on products many did not understand.
Now we are faced with the sobering burst of taking a hard look at values. When we get to the point people look and see things settled, we will head back up.
Our business, being one of the hot spots of the last few years will kool off even more rapidly than it exploded as public perception will by negative for sometime towards business aviation. Even those whose personal wealth makes this all a non event may end up being somewhat subdued.
In the end, it is a matter of time. The companies that could not make profits when things were good, well they are not going to make it now. The ability to sustain thought this type market for any period of time is going to be rough. Corporate for companies in the public eye, they will be looked at closely. Charter is going to be very thin in many areas. On demand freight, auto parts flying, the eastbound heavy freight, all will change.

If people would just stop whining and saving their money instead of doing their patriotic duty to go out and buy tons of stuff they can't afford and probably don't need in the first place, then all this recession blather would be a thing of the past.

Who's with me? Plasma screens and Hummers and iPods for all! God Bless America! Kill, kill, kill!

Uhm ... sorry about that. Got a little carried away there.

Seriously, though, we could use a good war. It got things going again in '41 ...

If people would just stop whining and saving their money instead of doing their patriotic duty to go out and buy tons of stuff they can't afford and probably don't need in the first place, then all this recession blather would be a thing of the past.

Who's with me? Plasma screens and Hummers and iPods for all! God Bless America! Kill, kill, kill!

Uhm ... sorry about that. Got a little carried away there.

Seriously, though, we could use a good war. It got things going again in '41 ...

Typical armchair warrior statement.

Who's we? You got a mouse n your pocket?

Actually we need people to start spending money, that they can afford to spend, to get out of this recession... If everyone started saving all their money, it would put us in a deeper recession.

Oh course, I'm not saying go buy a house or car you can't afford. That would just add to the problem, obviously!

Latest resources

Back