Any Airline with Good Labor-Management Relations out there

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
3BCat said:
I've got a 15 year pin from ALPA. I know what they have done for the profession.

You haven't heard me saying anything good about ALPA, not that they could have saved your last job from bad management in the first place.

You don't seem to realize that original context of the thread is not about you and your agenda.

My "agenda" is getting to the end of my career still making more coin than the guy who drives the bus that takes me to the airport. People flying jets for peanuts aren't helping matters at all. All the fuzzy math that's used to explain "what they really are" notwithstanding, your EMB 190 rates are an abomination. Period.

The thread you are posting on asks which airlines have good Labor-Management relations. So far, you have had nothing constructive to add. JetBlue is one of the best companies I've ever worked for, primarily because of their people.

Even folks who've worked for the worst of the worst generally have good feelings for most of the people the actually worked with. I stand by my original premise that what you call "good labor relations" has as much to do with your company's skill at attracting and selecting docile, compliant employees as it does with factors people in the rest of the industry can relate to.

Shoot, maybe blue juice is actually good for you-I just can't help but notice that the folks who work with it on a daily basis always wear rubber gloves...

Eagle is awesome with my pilot group. They are letting us take a survey for hats...mandatory or optional. First leather jackets now hats...if that is not a top notch labor relations I don't know what is!!

Bobby Orr 4 said:
Eagle is awesome with my pilot group. They are letting us take a survey for hats...mandatory or optional. First leather jackets now hats...if that is not a top notch labor relations I don't know what is!!

Dude, what about frosted hair and backpacks?

Dear Smoking Man,

I'm simply comparing apples to apples. No spin here. If ever your pilot group were allowed to enter into contract negotiations collectively I'm willing to bet JB would compare itself to SW. You would take their rates of pay year 1 through 12 and claim you deserve the same. SW currently has no one on the property flying 2nd year 737 CA, but I'm willing to bet you would love to have that $170 per rate of pay.

regionaltard said:
Even folks who've worked for the worst of the worst generally have good feelings for most of the people the actually worked with. I stand by my original premise that what you call "good labor relations" has as much to do with your company's skill at attracting and selecting docile, compliant employees as it does with factors people in the rest of the industry can relate to.
Or it could just be there just some of the nicest people you'd ever hope to work with or for. And 95% of us have ALPA pins laying in the dust somewhere, long forgotten. Where else can you go and make 60k first year FO for a 121 US airline? Does your CEO and COO give 100% of his salary to a disaster relief fund for its employees? For the crews that volunteered their availability to for the Katrina relief flights they put letters of commendation in our files and sent us gift certificates to take our families out. Completely unexpected and unequalled in my career.

Some things cant be equated with a pay rate.

No matter where any of these threads go, it seems to end up about the money. FWIW, I'd rather make what I'm getting now and LOOK FORWARD to going to work than make a lot more and be so miserable about my company that I dread showing up to the job and, as expressed by so many in this forum, have it be so self consuming that it bothers me when I'm away from work.

If we're satisfied here at JetBlue, who are you (UC, 32, RTard, etc.) to say that things are so bad. Your comments are only a reflection of your own fears and miserable situations. Go ahead and have DW fix it for you. His track record speaks for itself.

From an outsider's perspective, I have to say I think JB's overall pay progression is a little more egalitarian than the legacies. It's not all about the senior guys making a killing while the new-hires starve on poverty level wages because "well, I had to go through probationary pay, so you do too." Probably because the pay scales weren't negotiated by the "select senior" pilots on a neotiating committee. $60K for a first year at a major is very enticing.

conman said:
AA 2nd year s80 FO $71. AA 2nd year CA $143. I know you'll say there is no such thing at AA. This is for comparison. If you think Neelman is going to step forward and change these rates of pay, you are fooling yourself. Look at all the majors dumping ther 100 seat fleets and replacing them with jungle jets. Jet Blue will carry the stigma of permanently destroying the 100 seat rates of pay in the U.S. To all JB pilots: Push away the blue juice and sober up!!!!!!!!!!!

Well if you want apples to apples, the dumping of the 100 seat fleets occured after 9-11 when the CSAM under negotatited rates were unsustainable, so the dumping to the RJ's occured. This happened pre EMB-190 or its pay.

As far as more pay yes that would be awsome, however would you show the pay rates at Southwest when it was six years old.

As far as entering contract negotiations collectively, I'll just keep the 1.95% for my 401k, and you can make sure that DW has his 400K.:beer:

JB Bus Drvr said:
No matter where any of these threads go, it seems to end up about the money. FWIW, I'd rather make what I'm getting now and LOOK FORWARD to going to work than make a lot more and be so miserable about my company that I dread showing up to the job and, as expressed by so many in this forum, have it be so self consuming that it bothers me when I'm away from work.

If we're satisfied here at JetBlue, who are you (UC, 32, RTard, etc.) to say that things are so bad. Your comments are only a reflection of your own fears and miserable situations. Go ahead and have DW fix it for you. His track record speaks for itself.

Blue Bird Bus Driver,

I didn't say it was bad there, I said your pay scale needs to go up. Lead by example. People are going to match your rates and lower them.

You need to relax a bit.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back