Any Airline with Good Labor-Management Relations out there

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
oldxfr8dog said:
I didn't think it would be long before we heard that...

Everyone agrees that the pay is too low.
On a positive note, the 190 guys are on the same seniority list.
Would you prefer they were flying for a commuter that merely supplied feed for the mainline, like you?[/quote]

Nah. I'd just prefer they were paid what they are worth. Not paid like a shoe clerk.

Mugs said:
Not based on the stuff I just read from APA howling about the upcoming payouts in the AMR Management PUP program. These bonuses, on a percentage basis, will exceed those of the go-go 90's according to APA.

Would you like your sarcasm on a plate next time, Sir....?

:nuts:

Mugs said:
I wasn't being sarcastic. Did you read what your own union put out or not?

I know you weren't being sarcastic.

I was.

Oh heck, fuhgedaboudit. it obviously went over your head.

Uppercrust said:
oldxfr8dog said:

Would you prefer they were flying for a commuter that merely supplied feed for the mainline, like you?[/quote]

Nah. I'd just prefer they were paid what they are worth. Not paid like a shoe clerk.
Which shoe store would that be?
You and I agree the pay should be higher.
I'm sure you're more familiar with the payscales than I. Which companies pay more for a second year Capt? Assuming there are 2 year Capts, as most hired now at JB will be.
I only checked a few.
Horizon is essentially the same, Mesa, Mesaba, Republic Regionals all paid much less per hour.

oldxfr8dog said:

Everyone except the folks who think that's all they're worth that is....

So what? They're still working for a fraction of an industry average that's already at levels so low there's no meaningful basis for historical comparison in the Jet Age.

Again UC, you're way out of your league. 8 mos. in the right seat @ $ 34/hr ( UA, CAL, NW, @30/hr; US @25/hr, AA @35/hr and DL @48/hr with no overtime over 70 hrs.), 2yrs as 190 at 76/hr blended ( 70 x 72 + 11 x 108 ), and 126/hr blended as 4th yr 320 CA ( 70 x 118 + 11 X 177). I don't think our guys are doing too bad just STARTING OUT. Like the 320, when the 190 proves itself, which it will, the numbers will jump. Where will you be? Standing on the ramp wishing you could use the ATP you spent your bucks on?

When you grow up there sonny, maybe you will have something constructive to say, until then please do us all a favor and go back to mastering your Microsoft Flight Simulator instead of stealing other people's pictures for your avitar.

Like legacy vs. lcc we now have hourly rates of pay vs. blended rates of pay. Lets look at 2nd year numbers JB: 320 CA $113. 320 FO $56.
emb CA $72 emb FO $40

AA 2nd year s80 FO $71. AA 2nd year CA $143. I know you'll say there is no such thing at AA. This is for comparison. If you think Neelman is going to step forward and change these rates of pay, you are fooling yourself. Look at all the majors dumping ther 100 seat fleets and replacing them with jungle jets. Jet Blue will carry the stigma of permanently destroying the 100 seat rates of pay in the U.S. To all JB pilots: Push away the blue juice and sober up!!!!!!!!!!!

A man convinced against his will; is of the same opinion still. He'll never get it figuratively, or literally.

conman said:
Like legacy vs. lcc we now have hourly rates of pay vs. blended rates of pay. Lets look at 2nd year numbers JB: 320 CA $113. 320 FO $56.
emb CA $72 emb FO $40

AA 2nd year s80 FO $71. AA 2nd year CA $143. I know you'll say there is no such thing at AA. This is for comparison. If you think Neelman is going to step forward and change these rates of pay, you are fooling yourself. Look at all the majors dumping ther 100 seat fleets and replacing them with jungle jets. Jet Blue will carry the stigma of permanently destroying the 100 seat rates of pay in the U.S. To all JB pilots: Push away the blue juice and sober up!!!!!!!!!!!

And how many 2nd year FOs or CAs do you have on property? Oh, hurt us again with that not so original retort of how we're hurting the industry. Try something new next time. No blue juice, just the facts, Over.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back