ANR Headsets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bose

Does that hinged headband on the Bose allow it to be folded up for storage? How much space do they take up in your flightbag? That's one of the big complaints I have about my Lightspeeds, they take up way too much room...

Bose and Headset's Inc Upgrade

I have the Bose and think they are the best in the world. Some of you have mentioned that you have had troubles with the Bose. Call Bose up and send them back. They will repair them at no charge. I slipped on ice and broke mine, and they repaired them free of charge.

If you have 10-13.4, you should think about Headset's Inc (http://www.headsetsinc.com/). I upgraded my 10-13.4 and now use if for a backup. It isn't as good as the Bose, but it's tough to beat for $170.

Flightcom Denali ANR

Someone asked about the Danalis. I have a pair, the ANR model. I love em! They are very light and the NR is very good in both active and passive modes. My only problem is forgetting to turn the ANR circuitry off after my flights which makes me go through batteries in a matter of days. DOH! When I remeber to turn the **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** thing off the batteries last me quite a while.

My only real complaing is the ear seals are made of slippery plastic. When flying in a C172 around in the middle of a Texas summer they tend to slide off your head if you sweat enough. I need to get cloth covers for them but I've not got around to it... haha. I asked Flightcom about it and they said they don't make cloth covers for the Denali as it would adversely affect the ANR. I can't imagine it'd be anything significant...

"Refurbished" Lightspeeds...

If you can hold out until this fall, perhaps you can snag a pair of refurbished Lightspeed 20 or 25XLs fairly cheap after they introduce their new 3Gs.

This is why: I went to Oshkosh this year, stopped at the Lightspeed exhibit, told them how much I liked my 25XLs and asked whether they were coming out with anything new soon. The sales guy showed me some literature on the 3G (I think that's what it was) and told me they were coming out in October or November of 2002. I asked how much they were going to run and he said that Lightspeed was going to offer them to 25XL owners for your 25XLs in trade plus $200.00. Don't recall whether he said anything about 20XLs, though.

I suspect Lightspeed will have a lot of already very satisfied customers take them up on their offer and near as I can tell, they're just going to offer the traded 25XLs as "refurbs. If you get mine, you'll get a set that's not beat up, works great and batteries do go for up to 50 hrs.

Wonder if Bose would do something like that for their current Headset X customers?

I've got a couple of thousand hours on LightSpeeds first 20K's now 20XL's. Worn them in everything in my profile plus some other stuff. They are comfortable. The ANR works well in almost all conditions.

Two negitives: first if you happen to flying anything open cockpit, they will not work. The noise from the airflow around the open cockpit, overloads the ANR circuits. This was proven to me in both a Yak-52 and Waco.

Second: if you are operating in extreme cold weather the plastic will shatter. I live in Barrow, AK and my 20k's disinigrated one day at -42F......

No, I wasn't flying the Waco in Barrow!

just my two cents....

All ANR is useless in open cockpits. I have yet to hear of a set that will work.

Re: Bose well actually Telex

Anaconda said:
Does that hinged headband on the Bose allow it to be folded up for storage? How much space do they take up in your flightbag? That's one of the big complaints I have about my Lightspeeds, they take up way too much room...

The Telex ANR-1D hinges above the earcup and folds up quite nicely. The case they give you is small, but I have no trouble fitting the headset and all the accessories in it when the set is folded up.

I just went to lightspeed's website. I'm a little underwhelmed at the 3G series. It looks like the ANR is a little quieter, but other than that, it looks like the same old headset with personal audio and phone jacks. I was hoping they'd make some improvements in the materials and construction with their next generation headset. I haven't heard too many people complain about the lack of audio and phone inputs...

i agree, i too was unimpressed. if i need to talk on my cell phone, i can just take the headset off. don't need an audio jack in the brasilia...not worth it in my opinion...it would have been nicer if they had slimmed down that HUGE profile that thing has...

Latest resources

Back