Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
avoidingmyboss said:
Inhot,

On a interveiw would you still bring the logs if you had input all your history into a program and printed it off? I can't reproduce sign-offs.

ABSOLUTELY!!!! When I did interviews, the first thing we looked for in the logs was the sign-offs, more specifically if there was anything to the effect of "recieving additional/remedial training for". We caught more people mis-representing themselves this way than you'd believe.

I too have computer logs, but nothing beats a neat original with some good comments/details about certain flights that make for good interview stories.

Let get this SWA party started

Thanks for the info. I have worked for a variety of 135,121,and 91 places and only one place wanted to see my logs during an interveiw. In the 135 world I would think they would want to make sure that you had the min time. Thanks again the info was great.

Last edited:
My advice is to bring the originals of everything (logs and any paperwork you submit to SWA) but present them with only what is requested. The logbook checker is not going to be want to go through a stack of books. I did everything possible to make the checker's job easy.

You mentioned earlier about errors from a while back in your log book. The only one that I'd even think about fixing would be a total time error that is carrying thru. I think there was a thread a year or so ago about it and the consensus was that if you want to do it, definitely don't erase or alter after the fact. rather, put in a log entry in the current month (i.e. nov 03) that says something along the lines of "error correction for May 97." I think I did that for .3 or something that got screwed up along the way, didn't find it till I put all my time on a spreadsheet and then it kept bugging me, so I fixed it. Right thing to do? don't know, but it made my type A-ness feel better.

I agree about definitely bring the original log books. I did the same thing with a print out of one page that showed just what they asked, which back then was a 5 year history broken down into PIC and SIC for each year.

I also think it is a good idea to sticky tab important events, like original natops check (or maybe your ATP ck ride) and aircraft commader check ride. Makes it easier for the logbook checker to find the career milestones in your books.

InHot said:
They dug the computer logbook printout.

I agree!
The DAL Asst CP who reviewed my Computer logbook which I made myself on Excel LUVed it. He even put a smiley face on them.:) I did have a question about my time on the sheet they give you to bring to the interview, which adds time differently than I did in my log. They laughed and said "yea we couldn't get this .2 + .7 to add up". It's SWA, DON"T sweat the small stuff.

firstthird said:
I also think it is a good idea to sticky tab important events, like original natops check (or maybe your ATP ck ride) and aircraft commader check ride. Makes it easier for the logbook checker to find the career milestones in your books.

Ditto! ...What he said.

I got the same advice from someone (probably on FlightInfo) and placed nice markers on pages for check rides. Made it easy for the reviewers to go right to the good stuff.

Good Luck!

I had placed "post-it" notes for important stuff...such as capt upgrade, changing airlines etc etc.

Good Luck

aj

OK, I'll "Post-It"

AJ,

That must explain why you forgot to pick up that carton of milk and more diapers when you got home that evening. :D :D

Thanks Guys,

I have done the sticky tab thing in the past for interviews. I didn’t want to get all the way to an interview and get gigged for being off by .3 somewhere. I have filled up my current logbook and this seems like a good time to switch to the computer logbook. It will take a while to update from the previous years. That will catch all small errors and I will be able to neatly make the corrections. I know that SWA doesn’t sweat the small stuff but at that level why take the chance. Thanks again. Avoidingmyboss

Latest resources

Back