Another Swa Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

learjetguy

Besides my logbook (and wonderfull personality:D ),what other items will Southwest request be brought to the big D for interviews?

Thanks,
Learguy

Can't wait to get my app in!! Just the fact that we are talking about this is great news for all of us SWA wannabes out there!

They'll tell you

LearJetGuy,

My recollection is that I brought a copy of my app, my letters of recommendation (at the time you could bring them TO the interview; now I think they must be in ahead of time), and my logbook. If there's anything else, I don't recall. I think everybody brought a briefcase, and they had you leave them in a room with your logbook on the table for the logbook checkers to look at while you talk to the interviewers. You don't need anything at the interviews themselves (except your wonderful personality & positive attitude, of course).

I think they may also have sent an "update application" with that letter, where you updated all your latest qualifications & hours, everything since the original app. If they do that with the new system, you'll bring that too, unless they have you mail it in.

They'll send you a letter before the interview; read what it says carefully & bring what they tell you to bring. They're generally very clear about such things. All interviews in the future will be under a different system than before, so things may change a bit. Just read what they tell you, and you'll do fine.

all the best,

Snoopy

With the new applications everything will be done on-line, including the updates. The letters of recommendation will be scanned by the People Dept & will be added to your application. There will be no limit to the amount of letters you have in your application. So all you will have to bring to the interview will be your logbook, your personality, & your brain. The brain will be needed since SWA is going to a scenario interview similar to what FedEx has.

Re: They'll tell you

Snoopy58 said:
LearJetGuy,

I think everybody brought a briefcase, and they had you leave them in a room with your logbook on the table for the logbook checkers to look at while you talk to the interviewers.

all the best,

Snoopy

Snoopy58,

What are the log book checkers looking for? Are they going to brake out the calculators to add up all the numbers from years gone past? I know that I have caught mistakes in my log and I know if I dig there are errors. I know the errors are a tenth off here and there. If I correct them my logs will look like crap. I have tried to be as accurate and as neat as possible. Is this something to be concerned with?

I saw no calculators.

I believe they're perusing for authenticity.

I think it is reasonable to assume that any log book may have errors. Just do your resonable best to scrub 'em.

Are your logbooks realtistic? Do they jive with your resume? if so, then don't sweat the review.

I submitted a computer generated logbook that I compiled and provided my military logbooks, and my red Part 121 logbooks as the source documents.

They dug the computer logbook printout.

Good luck

I've been using Aerolog - since about 1993. Works for me. They have preformatted logbook formats you can print out, or you can modify them to suit your needs.

There have been numerous threads on Flightinfo regarding the various logbook formats. There may be new, better, faster programs out there.

You'll have to do your own research and then the hard part is in-putting all your flights - takes beaucoup time.

It may not be worth it - has to be your call - but it does look great when you print it out!

Inhot,

That answered the next question that I had. It will take a while to input all my time. On a interveiw would you still bring the logs if you had input all your history into a program and printed it off? I can't reproduce sign-offs.

avoidingmyboss said:
On a interveiw would you still bring the logs if you had input all your history into a program and printed it off? I can't reproduce sign-offs.

Yeah, I did, I brought my logbooks to show where the time actually came from. I'm not sure if it was necessary, just wanted to be sure.

Latest resources

Back