Another speed bump in the AT/SWA combination

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No one.
However on one Saturday in July, management walked in and took over the negotiations. From that day forward it was a dog and pony show for the AAI guys, ultimately ending in what we have.
Believe it or don't, it doesn't matter anymore.

Fair enough.

I think he's talking about everything that happened after the Process Agreement, right about the time SWA presented their idea of a "Fair integration", and our Merger Committee walked, thus setting up the next set of meetings where the pressure started getting applied and consensual went out the window.

The AT merger committee never walked, they were buying and selling the "culture" mantra even before they walked into "negotiations". Two out of the four on the MC and one on the NC bailed in the first transition class - the other two salesmen are now getting their head handed to them for what they "sold" the AT pilots. Let's keep it real - the MC NEVER "walked", or even gave the impression they would, for any reason, they were too busy having dinner and beers with SWA management and the SWAPA NC.

Call me crazy, but I'd much rather have some manager scream at me for a while then buy me a beer after reaching a fair deal than have some manager smile and tell me how wonderful his company is, then steal my seniority while holding a gun to my head.

Consider it Karma for paying all the money to sit right seat at Gulfstream.

If SW management had it in them to threaten thousands of Airtran jobs, i imagine they will one day threaten the SW employees. It represents their character and what they are capable of doing. The "he'll never do that to me" thing never ends well.

Last edited:
The AT merger committee never walked, they were buying and selling the "culture" mantra even before they walked into "negotiations". Two out of the four on the MC and one on the NC bailed in the first transition class - the other two salesmen are now getting their head handed to them for what they "sold" the AT pilots. Let's keep it real - the MC NEVER "walked", or even gave the impression they would, for any reason, they were too busy having dinner and beers with SWA management and the SWAPA NC.

This is BS. I'm no cheerleader for the ATN MC, but they most certainly did "walk." They refused the offers from SWAPA, and the result was GK calling a meeting of the entire MEC out in Dallas. The MC never reached a deal until after that meeting, when the MC and a portion of the MEC believed strongly that Gary was threatening the entire pilot group with the loss of their jobs.

Yep. I'd rather someone admit to being an adversary rather than pretending to be my buddy and smiling while he sticks a knife in my back, all the while talking about the "Golden Rule."

Get over it PCL. I hope Delta or Fed Ex come calling for you soon enough. Since your Union Career is over, as long as you are at Southwest and you might actually have to fly to make money. Go somewhere where they value you and your input. We don't care to hear it. You and your union screwed up, look in the mirror, you tried to play hardball with the 800 pound gorilla and lost.

:bawling: = PCL

Nevermind.

Dead horse... and you can't make a dead horse drink the water, even after you drag him over to it and shove his nose in it. :D

Last edited:
Dead horse... and you can't make a dead horse drink the water, even after you drag him over to it and shove his nose in it.

I know your talking about PCL and crybabies like him. :D

Latest resources

Back