• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Another Southwest question...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I support the reserve folks all the way, but I do think your military flight time should count toward the FAA limits.

Why would you want to fly more? You will likely be exhausted from your multi-sector, 25-min turn days. The last thing you will want to do is fly another airplane... Go play some golf.

I don't. I think some of the Mil guys don't like it so much either.

I fly outside with the CP's blessing, in writing. Never been an issue, and I'm not dumb enough to screw up a good deal.

I'm with you on this SWA/FO. Outside flying is fine/dandy/expected/no questions asked for the mil folks, but subject/questionable/suspicious/wierd for the civ folks?

Because you can't figure out the difference between sacrifice, service to country and greed.

Because you can't figure out the difference between sacrifice, service to country and greed.

Sure, I know the difference. I know if you quit 19 years into it you don't get your Military retirement. Dats why you go and do the guard thing to fullfill the 20 years. Why would anybody want two jobs? Cus the reward in the end. Reward could mean many things: personal satisfaction, money, title etc...Don't make this a bigger issue then what we were talking about.

If greed didn't factor into any of this, why do you have an airline job? Why not stay in and serve your Country, forever? Why not quit? (cus, you would be crazy too $$$).

Just because I didn't VOLUNTEER for the services doesn't mean, I'm Un-American or don't understand sacrifice. You don't need the SWA/FO patting you on the back, your doing a fine job yourself, besides your hand is in the way.

So get over it,

We were talking about permission to fly outside the Company. :cartman:

So are you saying you really don't want to fly the F-15, they're making you?

About 99% of us would sacrafice our left nuts for some Eagle stick time.

So are you saying you really don't want to fly the F-15, they're making you?

About 99% of us would sacrafice our left nuts for some Eagle stick time.

Not everybody serving is fly an airplane you'd go to an airshow to see.

Sure, I know the difference. I know if you quit 19 years into it you don't get your Military retirement. Dats why you go and do the guard thing to fullfill the 20 years. Why would anybody want two jobs? Cus the reward in the end. Reward could mean many things: personal satisfaction, money, title etc...Don't make this a bigger issue then what we were talking about.

If greed didn't factor into any of this, why do you have an airline job? Why not stay in and serve your Country, forever? Why not quit? (cus, you would be crazy too $$$).

Just because I didn't VOLUNTEER for the services doesn't mean, I'm Un-American or don't understand sacrifice. You don't need the SWA/FO patting you on the back, your doing a fine job yourself, besides your hand is in the way.

So get over it,

We were talking about permission to fly outside the Company. :cartman:

Some of us made the transition to keep the family from unraveling due to ill planned and spiraling overseas commitments made by civilian politicians.

Money has very little to do with it. When you turn down the bonus and the check of the month club, it’s an aggregate financial loss to jump ship after the twelve year point.

Latest resources

Back