• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Another Save For Cirrus?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We've been through this on other threads, but the Cirrus is a very capable aircraft that's simple and easy to fly, and just about anyone can get insurance. It's the doctor-killer of the 21st Century. Nothing wrong with the airplane, but low timers are taking all of that capability and flying in conditions that are over their head. The parachute is just preventing any Darwin Awards from being handed out.

In this case, who knows what happened, but I do know that one thing the Cirrus does *not* do well is glide. It's pretty horrible.

cirrus

My company is taking delivery on a sr22 gts late this month. my boss (student pilot) likes the idea of the CAPS system. He thinks that it will save his *ss no matter what happens, boy is he wrong.

To be honest I wasn't too en·thu·si·as·tic about flying the a/c but after the first flight I was hooked. For a single engine 4 seat a/c I'm amazed at the avionics package.

The only reason I can attest to using the CAPS system is for:

1.wing breaks off
2.controls system failure
3. engine out in imc

No matter what the reason is for this most recent deploy;
I'm glad nobody was injured.

Metro752 said:
Why did he jump out? Was it on fire/smoke in the cockpit.
He probably jumped out when it it the water b/c he didn't want to be sitting in it when it sank. :)

Metro752 said:
Did anyone else notice how they mentioned, "There were no reports of pollution from the crash." Who cares? The guy is alive.
Really?...that's the really swell side benefit of having an acute pneumatic embolism in the fuel system...no polution.

Icelandair said:
Why wasn't the witness able to speak ENGLISH if he is here in the United States?

Have you spent any time in the Westchester/Rockland area recently? If not, I forgive you for not knowing the answer to your (obviously rhetorical) question.

And Metro, don't be silly, the jobless yahoos in a NYC Starbucks wouldn't know how to clean avgas off of the whales and penguins one finds in the Hudson River... Unless it involved a vanilla latte, which would cause them no small amount of hand-wringing, wondering if all those lattes would pollute the lake...

AYE NO PUEDO VOLAR! NO HAY GO-GO JUGO!!!!
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee kersplashhhhhh! Me gusta nadar en el lagito!
MOMMMYYYYY!!!!!

Latest resources

Back