Another reporter "gets it"!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PurpleChimp said:
What would be even funnier is watching RJ boy on a BFM sortie. Not only would he wet himself, he'd sh**t himself, puke all over himself, and quickly be rendered unconcious..................but his SA would be top notch.

And if his TCAS was in TA/RA he'd have bitchin Bob screaming "monitor vertical speed" all day. He'd get killed.

Haha, could you imagine a GPWS installed in a fighter?

"OK boys, today it'll be pop-patterns at Oscura, followed by BFM. We have the new GPWS installed... supposed to make us safer."

Flight launches.

"One's in..." "TERRAIN TERRAIN" "SINKRATE" "PULL UP! PULL UP!" "TOO LOW, TERRAIN TOO LOW, FLAPS, TOO LOW, GEAR" "PULL UP! PULL Uuuuuuupppppppp!" "AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH WE'RE GOING TO DIE!!"

Oh shut up you piece of crap! :laugh:

Dangerkitty said:
Magnum, lighten up man.

Yes, all the Fighter guys made it through. However, one of the F-16 drivers busted his first ride but passed on the second.

They main thing that pissed me off about the fighter guys was that they were so cocky and full of themselves yet they didn't have a clue that they were so clueless.

What if I came to your fighter sqaudron and basically walked around the place acting like I owned it because I had been a Captain on a regional jet for a Part 121 carrier? Futhermore what if I acted like I knew more about fighters than you did and how the military operates because I flew as a Captain for a Part 121 carrier. You would probably think I was a stuck up a-hole? Right?

Well this is what I saw at American Airlines. The guys thought that since they flew fighters that they knew more about flying transport category jets than I did. After a few weeks in ground school and CPT's their attitude changed and they realized that they better listen to the lowly civilian pilot in the class because I actually knew what I was talking about. The one fighter guy who busted his ride actually apologized to me for his attitude and the rest of the guys behavior at the end of newhire training. Yes, they were that cocky and stuck up.

See where I am getting at? Just because you fly fighters doesn't make you God's gift to aviation especially on the flightdeck. Can fighter guys be trained? Yes, they can. Are the intelligent and competent yes they are (for the most part). But to come into newhire training acting like you already know it all is ridiculous and makes all fighter guys looks bad.

For what its worth the nicest guy in my class with the most humility was the Top Gun F-18 Driver. But you had to dig it out of him because he didn't like to talk about it all that much.

I just think that had to have been a long time ago. Despite all the chest thumping you see on this board and in the movies, nearly ALL the fighter IPs in all services today teach their young guys to be humble and open to instruction. The IPs strive to be the same..."humble, credible, approachable" is the Weapons School mantra. Any time a fighter guy starts an upgrade or takes on something new, like FE training, we're encouraged to STFU until you know what you're talking about. I don't doubt you've seen a couple or three jackas*es, but I just don't think it's the norm. That's all I'm gonna say about this subject.

MAGNUM!! said:
I just think that had to have been a long time ago. Despite all the chest thumping you see on this board and in the movies, nearly ALL the fighter IPs in all services today teach their young guys to be humble and open to instruction. The IPs strive to be the same..."humble, credible, approachable" is the Weapons School mantra. Any time a fighter guy starts an upgrade or takes on something new, like FE training, we're encouraged to STFU until you know what you're talking about. I don't doubt you've seen a couple or three jackas*es, but I just don't think it's the norm. That's all I'm gonna say about this subject.

This was in 2000. I am not talking about everyone of the 54 of my newhire class. I am talking about the other 5 guys that were in my FE ground school and CPTS.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back