• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Another Reason to Avoid the Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Right, because Islam is the only religion with insane zealots who give the mainstream followers a bad name.

KKK members,
The "god hates fags" and "god hates soldiers" crowd,
Abortion Clinic Bombers,
Catholic Priests who touch little boys,
Slave holders who used the bible as justification,
etc.
etc.

Are they all islamic too? Or is it possible that there are insanely bigoted christians who have no good contribution to make to society too?

As someone who is not religious at all, I really get a kick out of it when people look at other religions as if they're somehow less valid than their own- as if out of the hundreds of organized religions in the world, they're the chosen few who have figured out the "real" one.

Do you know many muslims? I know quite a few, and every one of them is every bit as normal as the catholics, jews and protestants that I know. The terrorists that we're all rightly worried about are no more muslim than the groups I mentioned above are christian. As long as religion exists, there will be bad people who exploit it and twist it to justify their own personal hatred- the religion is just a convenient cover for a deeper problem.

You hit the nail on the head. Too bad all the types who would rather have Faux news do their thinking for them are going to have a field day with this. Being the quintessential armchair warriors that they are and all.

Right, because Islam is the only religion with insane zealots who give the mainstream followers a bad name.

KKK members,
Abortion Clinic Bombers,
etc.
etc.

Are they all islamic too? Or is it possible that there are insanely bigoted christians who have no good contribution to make to society too?

As someone who is not religious at all, I really get a kick out of it when people look at other religions as if they're somehow less valid than their own- as if out of the hundreds of organized religions in the world, they're the chosen few who have figured out the "real" one.

Do you know many muslims? I know quite a few, and every one of them is every bit as normal as the catholics, jews and protestants that I know. The terrorists that we're all rightly worried about are no more muslim than the groups I mentioned above are christian. As long as religion exists, there will be bad people who exploit it and twist it to justify their own personal hatred- the religion is just a convenient cover for a deeper problem.

Umm, the topic is not the KKK or priests who touch little boys. The topic is islamists who constantly try to undermine western values and lifestyles. I am not interested in promoting one set of religious values over another, but fush you very much for TRYing to put words in my mouth, dumbshyte.:rolleyes:

KKK members,
Abortion Clinic Bombers,
etc.
etc.

I have another point in all this. Yes, it's true some bad things have come from the hindu/Christian/Buddist religions. However, they have all contributed positive things as well. Over the last 200 years we have seen railroads, telegraph, automobiles, planes, robotics, medical breakthroughs. All from religious traditions NOT islamic. What has islam brought to the party? Women's rights? Nope! The rest of the world is not perfect, but at least we are trying.

We don't have a problem of lack of contributions from any sector of humanity...

What we have is jealousy of those who have achieved far beyond their portion.
Throughout the 20th century, Jews, more so than any other minority, ethnic or cultural group, have been recipients of the Nobel Prize -- perhaps the most distinguished award for human endeavor in the six fields for which it is given. Remarkably, Jews constitute almost one-fifth of all Nobel laureates. This, in a world in which Jews number just a fraction of 1 percent of the population.
0.25% to be more precise.

Its not just Nobel Prizes. It is achievement in the wide spectrum of human endeaver.

Jealousy fueled Nazism and previous anti-semitic episodes in history... and this continues in newer forms today. But, in America, we embrace achievement.

This is why we find wire, chewing gum, and Rocks from "other planets" in places where they shouldn't be.

We don't have a problem of lack of contributions from any sector of humanity...

What we have is jealousy of those who have achieved far beyond their portion.
Throughout the 20th century, Jews, more so than any other minority, ethnic or cultural group, have been recipients of the Nobel Prize -- perhaps the most distinguished award for human endeavor in the six fields for which it is given. Remarkably, Jews constitute almost one-fifth of all Nobel laureates. This, in a world in which Jews number just a fraction of 1 percent of the population.
0.25% to be more precise.

Its not just Nobel Prizes. It is achievement in the wide spectrum of human endeaver.

Jealousy fueled Nazism and previous anti-semitic episodes in history... and this continues in newer forms today. But, in America, we embrace achievement.

This is why we find wire, chewing gum, and Rocks from "other planets" in places where they shouldn't be.

Nicely put! I am extremely jealous of european brewing technology!:beer:

Milehigh, no response to any of this?

Latest resources

Back