• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Another pay question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Your company needs at least 1 more $57k captain, and as manager/pilot you should be in the low 70's at least.

The '6+' partners should be ashamed, but folks like that never seem to have any scruples anyway.

I agree with everyone else, not enough money. You'd basically be doing 3 jobs for the price of one with the pay of flying the smaller 2 of the 3 A/C, with no mgmt duties. Also doing charter in these planes is a joke, the 6 owners obviously know nothing of aviation. Not enough days off to boot. South Florida by any chance?

landlover said:
I agree with everyone else, not enough money. You'd basically be doing 3 jobs for the price of one with the pay of flying the smaller 2 of the 3 A/C, with no mgmt duties. Also doing charter in these planes is a joke, the 6 owners obviously know nothing of aviation. Not enough days off to boot. South Florida by any chance?

Nope, Central Fl actually.I had several conversations with these guys regarding pay and responsibilities. They said that 57k was as high as they were willing to go!! I think I scared them when I told them what a professional should get paid. My understanding is that they actually found someone (read: SUCKER/SLUT) to do all of this! Good luck. Anyone can PM me for details in order to steer clear!

This has got to be the biggest joke I've ever herad. babysitting six guys? holy sh!tballs talk about insane. Being a CFI in a king air, yeah right. Before long at least one to two of the owners will stop paying. All six will fight over time in the airplane. Sounds like none will respect giving you time off. Good luck finding time to get a 135 certificate let alone time to use it. They'll be bitching at you for "wheres my charter revenue, punk". I give this a year before it's sitting on a ramp with missing logbook entries, deferred maintenance, and half a dozen liens. Then Johnny bank pilot will get a ferry permit and poof!, it'll end up in FLA to start it all over again in two years.

Latest resources

Back