Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

skygirl1968

Be Limitless
Got up this morning and turned on the TV only to hear that another MU2 has gone down. Same type of plane, same company, same airport as where my Paul's accident was in December. When will they get this plane out of the sky?

My thouhgts are with the family of the pilot today.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/4808223/detail.html

Last edited:
So Sad....godspeed and my thoughts go to the family and friends!

Got up this morning and turned on the TV only to hear that another MU2 has gone down. Same plane, same company, same airport as where my Paul's accident was in December. When will they get this plane out of the sky?

I saw the thread this morning and instantly thought of Paul. Very sad to hear. :(

Please tell Tony and Miriam that Phil said "Hi!"

Minh Thong

Good Morning All; Sad news again from KAPA. Don't like to sound like Chicken Little, but the things do seem to be falling out of the sky. My condolences to the family involved. It will be hard for them. It's still hard for us and this just reopens the scar a little bit more. My sincerest wish here is that the Feds will begin to look more closely at ALL the aspects of operating that airacraft. Especially training and maintenance. Pray somebody gets the big picture and moves to chanage whatever they can. Hi Phil! Hugs, Dad

Hi Dad! :)

Minh (Phil)

So, just how many of these MU-2s are left? Is there a projected year that no more MU-2s will be around because they've all crashed?

From what I have read they look to be a handful when things go wrong, with or without an experienced crew.

Sorry to see another one go down.

Acoording to the article there as been 27 accidents in the past 25 years, 19 fatal. Just how bad of a record is that?

I did not read the article you were refering to, but I did visit the NTSB website just now and came up with the following numbers:

Since 1968 there have been 190 seperate accidents/incidents with MU-2s.

Of those, 247 people have perished who were on board the aircraft. This does not take into account the most recent deaths.

This is the point I was trying to make, as are others.

Latest resources

Back