• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Another MU2 down...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I met and finished the last half of a marathon with a woman who'd lost her husband a few months before in an MU2.

It was owned by the local CocaCola distributor and went down with the top management in it.

NTSB claims ice accumulation less than 15 min. into the flight brought it down.

Left her with 5 kids, youngest was less than a year old.

Friends don't let friends drive MU2's.

Act - Apa

Folks,

I am floored. It is nearly incomprehensible that American Check Transport could looks 2 ships at the same airport in less than 8 months. Heck, I don't think they have 10 ships, which means they have lost 20% of their fleet to fatal accidents in just over half a year!

OK, run ... don't walk but run from this place. It may be bad Karma, and maybe management's attitudes, practices and policies have nothing to do with it, but I wouldn't be willing to take the risk.

My heart felt sorrow for all involved in this, and December's accident.

TransMach

TransMach said:
Folks,

I am floored. It is nearly incomprehensible that American Check Transport could looks 2 ships at the same airport in less than 8 months. Heck, I don't think they have 10 ships, which means they have lost 20% of their fleet to fatal accidents in just over half a year!

OK, run ... don't walk but run from this place. It may be bad Karma, and maybe management's attitudes, practices and policies have nothing to do with it, but I wouldn't be willing to take the risk.

My heart felt sorrow for all involved in this, and December's accident.

TransMach
They'll have sierra hotel, just met mins guys throwing resumes at them, long after the next MU-2 goes down.

What Will It Take?

This is my first post, but I've been eavesdropping for months on the discourse about this plane and its seeming inability to stay in the air. I care because my brother Tommy was the pilot of the MU-2 who was killed in the BWI crash last May. Like Paul and all the others, he was an experienced, responsible, and skilled pilot who both knew and took seriously the MU-2's challenging propensities and ominous history. How many more men like them have to die before the government realizes it can no longer avoid the fact that there is something very wrong with these planes?

To the family and friends of the pilot in today's crash, our heartfelt sympathy is with you. It is surely small solace at best, but I'm sure he has been welcomed to the other side by a bunch of really amazing guys.

[/QUOTE]Oh really? So why aren't they called the 'Widow Maker' then? Sheesh Tony.....
Ouch!!!! Like I said before I know a guy that has a ton of hours in the MU2 and has not had a problem. But then again he is at flightsafety all the time. Its kind of like the bonanza you had low time pilots with alot of money buying a fast plane and not getting the training that is needed to fly that plane. Now im not saying that this pilot didnt have alot of time or the right training, but things happen

I'm not sure, but I don't think the C172 is a fair "apples to apples" comparison to the MU-2. Sure, there are probably more deaths in C172s (maybe on the order of a magnitude of 10 or more). However, there are far more 172s out there, flown by mostly non-professional crews who've never been close to Flight Safety.

It would be like saying Chevy's are more dangerous than Bentlys, since obviously more people are dying in them.

Flyin Tony said:
Ouch!!!! Like I said before I know a guy that has a ton of hours in the MU2 and has not had a problem. But then again he is at flightsafety all the time. Its kind of like the bonanza you had low time pilots with alot of money buying a fast plane and not getting the training that is needed to fly that plane. Now im not saying that this pilot didnt have alot of time or the right training, but things happen
You're right, things happen....and they could happen to anyone, no matter how many hours they have, or how much time they spend at FlightSafety.

Your initial post just seemed very cavalier about the fact that another life has just been lost, and that another family has just lost a brother, a son, a nephew.:(
To be fair, I did see the post you made after it, but we posted at the same time, but it stil seemed that your concern was more of an afterthought.

Latest resources

Back