• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Another MU2 down...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No type rating? Hmm... I learned he flies Citations, King Airs, Pipers and the MU-2. I have never met him and have this eerie feeling that one day I'll walk by him in an airport and never know it. Kind of funny we both ended up in aviation... sure didn;t run in the family. hes in the west, oregon or Washington I think. I thought most banks were sneding checks electtronically now, no longer using cargo aircraft,

Hogan said:
thanks just found out I have a half brother who is a pilot and on his cert if a type rating for the MU-2, he's on the west coast and i was wondering where he worked. For some reason I thought he was a airline pilot or worked for one of those fractionals
Like Semperfido said, the FAA does not issue type-ratings for MU-2s. Perhaps your brother has a type for the Mitsubishi Diamond? I believe it's an MU-"something". It's been mentioned before - the MU-2 went through a complete and thorogh certification review a few years ago. (As did the Beech Bonanza, another "Killer" airplane in improperly trained hands.) The MU-2 passed the review and the FAA determined that no type-rating was necessary.

'Sled

I didn't know about the Mitsubishi diamond. Does anyone know who flies those? What is it about the Mitsubishi desigjns that makes them so "unforgiving" or challenging?

Hogan said:
I didn't know about the Mitsubishi diamond. Does anyone know who flies those? What is it about the Mitsubishi desigjns that makes them so "unforgiving" or challenging?
Basically, it's the MU-2's high wing loading. Civilian pilots coming up through the ranks don't usually have a lot of experience with highly wing-loaded aircraft such as T-38s, Lears, B727s and other aircraft which have approximately the same wing loading as the MU-2.

'Sled

MU questions

disregard previous transmissions, I had bad information. Brother works for outfit called NetJets and flies a MU300 if there is such an animal.

Mitsubishi Diamond Jet ( MU-300 ) Same thing as the BeechJet. Incidentally, shares a lot of the same technology as the MU-2 including Spoiler roll control.

Latest resources

Back