• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Another MU2 down...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wolfy, first off, my family is not speculating that it wasn't Paul's fault. We don't know. We just don't want others to place the blame on him and him alone immediately, because obviously he's not here to defend himself, only his family is.
Second, we KNOW that Paul died doing what he loved, whether or not his reactions to the engine out caused the nose dive. And we know that Paul would always believe we will back him up, because flying was his dream. We may be civilians, but we certainly do not like, or accept it when someone tells us we're not showing honor and dignity to those lost, including Paul. We dignify his life, Tuck's, and any other lost by questioning, not leaving the answer unknown or simply left to blame the pilot. We're keeping him alive by trying to keep others alive. I'm sure if you died tomorrow in a crash, your family would be doing the same thing--whether or not your mistake cost your own life.

Lilah:

RESPONSIBILITY: "the opportunity or ability to act independently and take decisions without authorization." -Oxford Concise Dictionary.

Snakum,
just keep working toward it, we know you can reach your goal!! WNRHD and I can take you to the bars to get some good time in. We're behind you 101%;)

Last edited:
Just so you "professionals" know...
no, we are not trying to find a solution. look back in our posts...do we ever give our "2 cents" about what happened? no! why? b/c we're not in the aviation business. all what we're doing is trying to tell you guys that "pilot error" is not always the case (which i'm not putting those words into everyone's mouths--you know who you are) especially before the NTSB report is completely out. Then, when people start saying things such as, "you can't fly that plane without your a-game", or "what these companies are doing are putting these guys with few hours and big egos out on those planes". and just what size is your ego, my sirs? i think in order to BE a pilot, you MUST have a big one, in order to take all that responsibility on your shoulders.
Once again, i'll take a little poll (no one seemed to respond to it the last time, so i'll try again, a little more general this time): WHO HERE HAS LOST A FAMILY MEMBER TO A PLANE CRASH???? just simply answer, that's all i'd like. Once you can experience your flesh and blood dying in a plane, then you tell us to leave emotion out of all you're trying to say, mmk?
Whoever said a long post ago about us being the ones with an emotional attachement to the plane, well, I guess you could say we do--and that emotion would be hate. Besides, it's really fun seeing how mad you all get defending an airplane.

You people(you and family) need to get a life. You are not helping. You are only making it harder on yourself and everyone around you.

Good Luck!

Thank you, apttmab, but we all do have lives. It's just that part of our lives now is finding a solution to the mu-2's problems. It's not just our family, it's a lot of other families, congressmen, senators, etc. It's just part of our lives now.
And you didn't answer my poll, have you lost a brother/ relative in a plane crash? If your answer is yes, then you'd know what i'm talking about when i say it's now part of our lives.
Also, this isn't hard on me, in fact it's making me feel better...it's theraputic...it's the second mu-2 from flightline, inc. in 8 months crashing that is hard on me and my family.
So please leave our lives out of your or anyone else's comments. Some of you have PMed me or posted some very wise, helpful comments. And it's not because anything was said that parallels what my family or i say, it's because it was said from a non-judging, non-solution finding, non-speculating, mature, well-written post. i do admit to being pretty in-your-face in some posts...but it's hard not to join in on a bar fight.

avbug said:
91 is not the same as 121, though operations under 121 are still beholden to most of Part 91, as you should well know, if indeed you fly Part 121. What is the point of that question, other than to assert our experience on the one hand, and then withdraw it by asking such a ridiculous question?

do you know what sarcasm is? (sorry, couldn't hold that one in)

Um, yeah, try the solution to why they seem to be crashing--specifically in the flightline, inc. company. we're trying to find a solution of regulations for them being either safer, or non-exsistant, whichever happens to happen.

Tadpoles said:
do you know what sarcasm is? (sorry, couldn't hold that one in)

No, he doesn't.

In fact, he is generally a dry, holier than thou prick who thinks he is the final word in aviation knowledge and opinion. If you don't agree with Sir Avgod then you are:

A) Too stupid for him to waste time on
B) Too inexperienced to understand his explanations
C) A Brightspark

we're trying to find a solution of regulations for them being either safer, or non-exsistant

Are you trying to make the company or the aircraft go away. If you truly want to do something Ok, then push for an FAA approved training program like a type rating or a mx program spec to the mu2. Do something positive. The solution you are trying to find has nothing to do with the mu2. Its more about finding a solution for the pain you feel. And you are going about it all wrong. What I said before "you need to get a life" should have been more like you need to get on with your life.

I have over one thousand hours in the mu2 and one engine fire that had to be shutdown right after takeoff. I have found no problems with the way the aircraft flys. The only problem I can find is in the way it is flown.

Anyone wanna start laying down bets that this thread might surpass the Legacy Bashfest in total posts and venom spewed?

Latest resources

Back