Another Mesaba Pilots Claim Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

naglasair1

I am a current furlough and trying to come back in April. I read that a furloughed pilot doesn't get the same in the claim that a non-furloughed pilot will, and that the furloughed pilot can't collect until Mesaba exits bankruptcy.

My Question is if I am back on the "Active" pilots list by the time Mesaba exits bankruptcy can I also get the "active pilot" portion of the claim? -or- Is it still all based on those "magic dates" from DEC&JAN?

-Sorry if it sounds like I am beating a dead horse.

It all depends on the magic dates. If you were furloughed as of Jan 31 '07, you are part of the furlough claim.

I am a current furlough and trying to come back in April. I read that a furloughed pilot doesn't get the same in the claim that a non-furloughed pilot will, and that the furloughed pilot can't collect until Mesaba exits bankruptcy.

My Question is if I am back on the "Active" pilots list by the time Mesaba exits bankruptcy can I also get the "active pilot" portion of the claim? -or- Is it still all based on those "magic dates" from DEC&JAN?

-Sorry if it sounds like I am beating a dead horse.

Even still, it's a nice chunk of change. I think it will be around 10k per furloughed pilot.

For an average trip on reserve I would have 3 deadheads for one revenue flight. For example : DHD from DTW-ORD-LAX...sit in LAX for 10 hours...fly from LAX-SEA...(by this time it is 1am SEA time/4am DTW)...sit in SEA for 4 hours than DHD from SEA-DTW on the 6am flight. Than once you step foot in DTW scheduling calls you and tells you to enjoy your afternoon off and report again later that night for another trip. No min. day.

There are many day trips from DTW to LAS, CUN, etc, ....food is great if you are flying an NBA team around. It is just GREAT to get in 8 hours of flying in 10 total hours duty! (day trip)

Overall Champion is not too bad but you will get the crap beat out of you by scheduling about twice a month or so.

Captain upgrade is about 6 to 9 years....I am looking for the fastest upgrade and the most stable schedule for the baby on the way so that is why I am leaving.

-Sorry about the long responce, I just thought someone might be interested about life at Champion.

By the way...they are DESPERATE for more FE's.....if you want a job:)

Fastest upgrade and stable schedule at XJ? Possibly in the future, but something tells me NOT! I've been at XJ just under 3 years and might of made a good decision to stick around. ALPA Claim, potential growth ect. Congrats on the baby though.

As far as i know a couple people went to champion from XJ, The one I talked to that is a former shamrock guy said he was thinking about not coming back. The other shamrock guy from what I heard, he was not coming back either. But then I saw one of their names on the furlough return list. Anyone coming back I would think has a stake in about ten grand in their 401k and an upgrade in a little over a year. Thats if NWA does not take away planes again. nothing is a given in this industry, but so far it looks good for the future (if you do not look to the past too much)

xjhawk - I couldn't agree with you more...you never know so you just gamble on your hand the best you can!

There were 6 mesaba guys in my Champion class and I know that at least 4 are coming back for sure.

Does anyone think that Compass airplanes might go to mainline and we might end up with 90 crj-900's or is this rumor totally unfounded?

Latest resources

Back