• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Another Mesaba Pilots Claim Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
xjhawk - I couldn't agree with you more...you never know so you just gamble on your hand the best you can!

There were 6 mesaba guys in my Champion class and I know that at least 4 are coming back for sure.

Does anyone think that Compass airplanes might go to mainline and we might end up with 90 crj-900's or is this rumor totally unfounded?

I would not be surprised if Mesaba does in fact get the majority of the 900's. Look at what happened with Pinnacle/Express 1 a few years back. They now have over a hundred airplanes while Mesaba was getting knocked down. History will most certainly repeat itself.

some people on here are spreading rumors (YPF) just watch out for any claims on here that are not backed up with a news release. As for betting your career, what you should do? I have no idea. But I see that if NWA bought us to sell us off when the industry is more stable, then they have to give us about a 100 new jets and a longer contract. The other thing is if they want to keep us around, well we are cheap growth, so I would suspect more than 36 jets, but again if you read the scope at NWA, it means 50 900's. Worst case scenerio is as such. 1, NWA pilot scope screws us on planes and they take seats from us. 2. delta/NWA merger/aquisition-lower number of flights/jobs

This is speculation and my guess. bet your career on your best guess. I hope for the best here and hope for 90 900's

I was hired in Nov 2004 and furloughed on Aug 2006. Would I be coming in at 3 year pay, or was my payscale frozen back in Aug?

Also what is the new payscale for F.O. after the paycuts?

Longevity is frozen for furloughees. You'll come back at 2 year pay, and stay there for 3 months (whatever the exact gap is), then go to 3 year pay.

It's weird how clocks continue to tick while you're furloughed and others freeze.

I think if you worked here for two years, were furloughed for two, and came back, it would be at two-year pay, not four year.

Are you serious??

23.1C Longevity & Seniority

A furloughed pilot will retain longevity accured to the time of furlough and will retain and continue to accrue seniority while on furlough.

Pretty standard airline language.

Hey gumby, how's pokey?

Latest resources

Back