Another Major Order Cancellation ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hawkerflyer

After the Netjets Hawker announcement, looks like Cessna is now gearing up for a major cancellation. Any ideas ? Does NJA have an order backlog with Cessna ? Citation Air ? XO ? So what happened to this upturn ?

SEATTLE, Dec 17 (Reuters) - Diversified U.S. manufacturer Textron Inc (TXT.N) said on Thursday that it has been in talks with a "large customer" over the cancellation of $1.1 billion of jets on order, but said it continues to see stabilization in the business jet market.
A Textron spokesman said the company would not reveal more details about the customer.
None of the aircraft tied to the customer in question were planned for delivery through 2012, the company said in a statement.
Textron said customer inquiries for new orders are starting to increase, but that it has been working with its customers to "clarify" the status of long-term orders that are in backlog.
Cancellations in the fourth quarter would reduce its backlog by about $1.7 billion, Textron said.

Wow - not surprising. Highly doubtful that it is CS given that Cessna owns the company.

What Citation orders does Netjets have outstanding at the moment?

Wow - not surprising. Highly doubtful that it is CS given that Cessna owns the company. It doesn't make sense to be CS for that reason

What Citation orders does Netjets none that is that large, the Columbus plane was CXL months ago by Cessna have outstanding at the moment? It sounds like XO Jet based on info provided back in 2007 about a purchase order

It'll all turn around, but when is the question.

I'm guessing it is XO. Weren't they supposed to have 125+ Citation X's in service by 2012??

Don't think that was XOJET. It was 125 "aircraft" in service, most would have been Challengers I think. I would guess it was NJ's orders for future deliveries, but I really have no idea.

Don't think that was XOJET. It was 125 "aircraft" in service, most would have been Challengers I think. I would guess it was NJ's orders for future deliveries, but I really have no idea.
Cherry, doing much flying? Hope the little one's doing good.

Hey Hammer, staying really busy and flying a lot! Little one's (2 now) are doing great. Just added a little girl to the fam about 3 months ago! Hands full man...

How you guys doing? Everything going well?

Congrats on the new edition!!! Working hard, crew ratio is down, so less pilots for the flying available. Hope the work picks up for all of us.

Latest resources

Back