• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Another Kalitta Crash-Bogota...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flower loads going out of BOG are usually loaded right at the balanced field length, requiring max power for takeoff. Any airplane and engines that do this routinely require tip-top engine maintenance, which a lot of the scumbag freight outfits do not do.

which has nothing to do with this case DS.

let's see the results first.

which has nothing to do with this case DS.

let's see the results first.
Draginass, Count bat, FBN. these guys are malcontents who take delight in other peoples misfortune. They elevate their low self esteem by trying to step on others when they are hit with bad times. I feel sorry for them! Mabey they are products of broken homes or molestation. I hope sometime they can get the help they deserve.

Last edited:
Easy Woody
I had two friends on that bird in Bogota. Friends of mine that will agree that Connie has significantly higher number of engine failures than that of the industry. May seem fine with you that it's just the way Connie operates, but both my buddies would like to see some improvements and the sooner the better. When you are flying in a challenging environment as Kalitta does in all parts of the globe without much support from anyone, the flight crews deserve to have the absolute best of everything and that starts with the equipment.

Kalitta has some the best aviators in the industry and in key training positions but unfortunately much of the top end is loaded with folks that are unqualified to be in their positions. Is your Director of flight operations qualified on the B747? How how about your Director of Safety? I do know the answer.

My sediments rest with the flight crews of Kalitta who I believe are tasked daily with difficult situations that are brought on by the Connie Kalitta corporate culture. I hope that this very unfortunate event brings about some much needed positive change. If any airline had these type of occurences, change would be welcome and a priority.

Woody
If you think everything is "good to go" and "let's press on business as usual then perhaps it's time to retire.

best of luck

FBN

Last edited:
FBN0223, I just did some sim training on the 400 with some Kalitta managers and instructors. Top guys all.

I think you guys that dont work here should probobly wait for the facts. Enough of the "my brother knows a guys whos aunt works at Kalitta"

I know the guys on the plane too, and have flown with them many times. Enough bashing allready on a company you only know through what other have said and what Connie did in the past. Do you think were all dumba$$es when we climb the ladder, do you think we say a big prayer everytime we push the levers forward?

The talent that exists at Kalitta is nothing short of the best.

Keep the speculation down, and wait for the facts. We have some friends that are still pretty banged up, so, why not just say something for these guys instead of bashing them.

Who's speculating? Two very recent accidents certainly does warrant some investigation. For the benefit of the Kalitta Air crews, I think I'd start with the engine shop.

Who's speculating? Two very recent accidents certainly does warrant some investigation. For the benefit of the Kalitta Air crews, I think I'd start with the engine shop.

So your speculating the engines? I think the amount of time I have on those JT-9's, they do a damn good job.

I think you guys that dont work here should probobly wait for the facts. Enough of the "my brother knows a guys whos aunt works at Kalitta"

I know the guys on the plane too, and have flown with them many times. Enough bashing allready on a company you only know through what other have said and what Connie did in the past. Do you think were all dumba$$es when we climb the ladder, do you think we say a big prayer everytime we push the levers forward?

The talent that exists at Kalitta is nothing short of the best.

Keep the speculation down, and wait for the facts. We have some friends that are still pretty banged up, so, why not just say something for these guys instead of bashing them.

Fact is that Kalitta has crashed two planes recently due to engine failures or problems. That is significant and unfortunate.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back