• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Another Kalitta Crash-Bogota...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Connie will continue his unsafe practices until the FAA shuts him down. There are many outstanding pilots and flight engineers at Kalitta but even with their skills and training it is nearly impossible not have incidents/accidents while flying Kalitta's armada of junk. A friend from Delta spent two years at Kalitta while on furlough. During his 2 years at Kalitta, he had four catastrophic engine failures. On each occasion, he and his crew handled the situation flawlessly and safely landed the jet. He was then brought to the office in Ypsitucky, MI for the Connie carpet dance, coqs@cker briefing and troll intimidation ritual. Needless to say, he took his recall back to Delta.

My guess is that Kalitta still has many in charge in flight ops who aren't even qualified on the aircraft that they are managing.

Sorry to hear about the accident. Best of luck to all Kalitta pilots.

What unsafe practices are they doing over at Kalitta?
I've worked for Connie and Im not so sure you know what your talking about. Its not the greatest place to be but it was by far better then any commuter or corporate to be at. They train to an extremely high level(I'd say they are better trained then most majors) A lot of the mechanics came from NWA and the ride ons are top notch. There fleet age is compareable to NWA's freight fleet.UPS and fed ex fly older aircraft as well. Are those places better? Hell Yes! But I would go back to work for Connie in a second if things went belly-up where im at now. Spreading hateful propaganda is easy when you can hide behind a avatar and screen name! Leave Connie alone, he's dealt with enough crap this year and,the people that work for him deserve their jobs!

Also the pylon repair that resulted in the engine departing the aircraft was performed by Boeing.

Last edited:
Also the pylon repair that resulted in the engine departing the aircraft was performed by Boeing.

Sure, whatever you say....

The National Transportation Safety Board determines the probable cause(s) of this accident as follows:
The number one engine separated from the airplane during climb due to the uncontained separation of a portion of the second stage turbine disk rim after the second stage turbine vanes contacted the disk. The second stage turbine vanes contacted the second stage turbine disk due to the operator's inadequate inspection of the high pressure turbine module and the improper repair of the module by unknown maintenance personnel.

Woody looks like you got schooled by lil bubba.....

The proof is in the pudding; I always say - with all those incidence one must ask ones self - is that company just unlucky or is it a systemic problem. Me thinks the latter statement to be most correct.

Besides, I hear nothing but negative stuff about that guy even if 5 percent is true he sounds like a mean nasty jerk. But to keep an undercutting low-ball ops like that going, I suppose you have to be. I could never operate in such a fashion, because I do things the right way. IMHO.

Last edited:
This place is starting to look like the 1990's version of US Air. Luckily they were only carrying flowers.

A friend of mine there said doing recurrent training was EASY, since he had seen all of the loft scenarios on the line already.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Yea, my Delta buddy while on furlough at Kalitta had four engine failures, including one at 30W and another high speed RTO. Recurrent for him was a snap as well.

Mesalitta!

About the time Kallita is shut down by the FAA I'm sure Mesa's CEO will need another job. So, J.O. and Kalitta will get together and create the pit airline of the industry. They will probably fly 747s for about $19 an hour in the right seat and around $50 an hour in the left seat and talk about the greatness of their airline. Anything's possible....

Last edited:
hopefully the crew got out of columbia or is getting out before they get put into jail. That the bad part about being out of the US

hopefully the crew got out of columbia or is getting out before they get put into jail. That the bad part about being out of the US

I think a FARC rescue team helped them........

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back