Another article about DL's CFO meeting with NWA MEC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gen

Don't know who was more prepared than who for the merger. I think the NWA MEC was seen as cheap and "buyable". Give them a raise and they will eat their young and sell seniority. When it did not happen, "things" broke down.

If there are furloughs(really hope there are none), where are your jr guys gonna go? Ours are going to the left seat at Compass. I guess our MEC prepared for that... Don't know about yours because I do not know your contract.

Good luck to all......

Gen

Don't know who was more prepared than who for the merger. I think the NWA MEC was seen as cheap and "buyable". Give them a raise and they will eat their young and sell seniority. When it did not happen, "things" broke down.

If there are furloughs(really hope there are none), where are your jr guys gonna go? Ours are going to the left seat at Compass. I guess our MEC prepared for that... Don't know about yours because I do not know your contract.

Good luck to all......

If we park planes before we get an SLI, then I don't think any of ours will get furloughed, thanks to DL getting more planes. As you know we are getting 777s and 73NGs, and the planes most likely parked will be YOURS. Our MD88s are a lot newer than your DC9s and 742s, and those are the most likely to go first. Yes, we are parking some initially, but mainly because of leases expiring and heavy mx being due. Do you think our pilots should get furloughed for planes brought to the table by you guys? Is that really fair? I think a fence around the DC9s would be fair. Hey, if our guys would have wanted to fly an old DC9, they would have applied to you guys or ABX. Honestly, do you think our guys should be furloughed because of your planes possibly going away?

As far as your guys being ready at the first meeting, the first thing they asked at the beginning was "which arbitrator should we pick?" No wanting to negotiate at all. That is how you guys operate, give the responsibility to someone else, someone else to blame. But, when it comes down to it, an arbitrator probably will look at those DC9s and determine that they will probably go away first, and hopefully will figure the fairest way to place those pilots on that list at the new Delta. Bringing our workrules into play will save a bunch of pilots anyway, and that should provide some cushion. No more 5 day domestic trips for you guys.

I think it is great that your pilots could go to Compass. I don't think our pilots will need that scheme yet because of the new planes coming on our side, though. It would be nice to have some protection though, but we don't have 60 DC9s and 14 742s all waiting to go to the boneyard either.

And yes, good luck to all.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
It is entertaining when you say such things, as if you have a clue.

Do you think I get all my info from THIS BOARD? Come on now...... you are getting RISIBLE like Occam.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Do you think I get all my info from THIS BOARD? Come on now...... you are getting RISIBLE like Occam.

Bye Bye--General Lee
Yup, like your MEC gives a crap about edumicating a 767 FO. Top priority I would think.

"Hey Lee, that pain in the ass FO sent us another email and left 16 voicemails."

Do you think our pilots should get furloughed for planes brought to the table by you guys?
When the airplanes are parked BECAUSE OF DAL's SCOPE CLAUSE? YES. YOU BETCHA.
Honestly, do you think our guys should be furloughed because of your planes possibly going away?
YES. If they are allowed to park them with NO PENALTY due to DALPA's scope language. Honestly, do you think NWA guys should be furloughed because your scope clause allows them to be parked vs NWA scope clause that penalizes NWA tremendously for parking them beyond a certain point?

You guys ALWAYS ignore this point.

When the airplanes are parked BECAUSE OF DAL's SCOPE CLAUSE? YES. YOU BETCHA.

YES. If they are allowed to park them with NO PENALTY due to DALPA's scope language. Honestly, do you think NWA guys should be furloughed because your scope clause allows them to be parked vs NWA scope clause that penalizes NWA tremendously for parking them beyond a certain point?

You guys ALWAYS ignore this point.

Do you really think gas guzzling DC9s would be parked because of the Delta scope clause? Where is your MEC? Why aren't they negotiating with Delta management? Are you blaming everything on Delta ALPA?

Yup, like your MEC gives a crap about edumicating a 767 FO. Top priority I would think.

"Hey Lee, that pain in the ass FO sent us another email and left 16 voicemails."

You guys are hillarious. Wow, I almost shat my pants.....Maybe I actually KNOW people in the know? Yeah, I do. (and, you don't seem to question FDJ2.....he is REALLY involved---ask him all about it PLEASE--love to hear him put you in YOUR PLACE)

Bye Bye--General Lee

Do you really think gas guzzling DC9s would be parked because of the Delta scope clause? Where is your MEC? Why aren't they negotiating with Delta management? Are you blaming everything on Delta ALPA?
Stick with the specifics...NWAALPA's scope clause PREVENTS the parking of the DC9's unless they also end up parking all of Compass. Do you think they will do that? DALAPA's scope clause would allow DAL to park every DC9 with NO EFFECT WHATSOEVER on Delta Connection. They could replace every one with a Delta RJ. That can't happen at NWA. But you guys LOVE to ignore that and say that if DAL parks DC9's NWA pilots should pay the price for that.....even though it is 100% due to DAL's scope that it would be possible.

Hypocrisy defined.

Didn't you hear? NWA ALPA is trying to find an arbitrator to negotiate with Delta Management......that is the only way they know how to negotiate ANYTHING.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back