• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Another Airtran/SWA cockpit thread

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Kharma- you are correct in all that you have said. Nixon was very wise with that quote. We get freedom through forgiveness. We get enslaved by anger.

Speaking of which, do you proudly wear your OneLuv lanyard? If not, why?

The core problem is that if the AIP passes, you're going to have that kind of bitterness infecting your flight decks for DECADES. Is that what you really want?

Nope.....

Which is why I've been sick about this acquisition since 9/27. These things are never pleasant, and always lead to acrimony, regardless of the details. We haven't even integrated yet and everyone is pissed off, on BOTH sides (SL9 is far from a "windfall" for the SW guys).

SW as we knew it is gone forever if this thing goes through, either through SL9 or Arby.

Thanks Gary!

I too have received the dirty looks and cold shoulder treatment but it doesn't stop me from smiling and waving.

That's the best way to respond to people who treat you like that. It p.o.s them even more.

I don't wear my "one luv" lanyard. It's not out of disgust, I prefer my alma mater lanyard. Plus, my 7 year old daughter thought it was pretty and stole it to carry her wallet so she wouldn't lose it. I'm not kidding.

If I was a stapled AAI FO I would be pissed, but I am a 11 year SWA FO with junior DOH AAI CPs standing to make 60-70K more than I will for many years to come...welcome to the airline business...
Agreed that isn't right. So you give us some relative seniority and we give you the cpt seats.

Agreed that isn't right. So you give us some relative seniority and we give you the cpt seats.

Relative seniority is a non-starter because it would be a windfall for AAI guys. Now if you ask for a ratio based on the date Valujet first flew then you might have something.

Couple that with a no bump/no flush policy with openings filled by seniority of the combined lists and everyone is protected until THEY decide to bid out of their current base position.

Last edited:
Couple that with a no bump/no flush policy with openings filled by seniority of the combined lists and everyone is protected until THEY decide to bid out of their current base position.

SWA wants to downsize ATL...

SWA wants to downsize ATL...

No bump/no flush doesn't mean no base reductions. It just means that senior SWA pilots can't bid in unless there's a vacancy (no bump) and that you can't have a flush bid (rebid the whole system).

If AAI pilots have their rightful seniority (pre-1993 SWA pilots on the list, ratio the rest) then any AAI pilots reduced out of ATL could go anywhere on the system their seniority could hold.

With a reasonable ratio deal, Captains would hold SWA left seats, senior AAI F/Os would hold decent F/O seats and ATL could be reduced or the assets reassigned to other SWA bases.

JBall, sorry to hear that.....I've had a lot of SWA guys on my jumpseat, mainly ATL-LAS mostly...nothing but good conversations with them. It really says a lot about the guy if they are personally taking this out on you. No class whatsoever. If you decide to....PM me the flight and date and I will see that it gets taken care of.

Latest resources

Back