• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Another Airtran/SWA cockpit thread

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If I was a stapled AAI FO I would be pissed, but I am a 11 year SWA FO with junior DOH AAI CPs standing to make 60-70K more than I will for many years to come...welcome to the airline business...

Embarrassing to say the least. But it's not his fault, it's his parent's fault. It's the way he was raised. I'm surprised his captain did not straighten him out.

Let's hope the captain did straighten him out behind closed door.

Dc9- I appreciate the offer but I don't want t take it any further. Just a request that we don't go "flightinfo" on people on the airplane.

Muppets, he was belligerent and unprofessional, more to it than me getting left hanging on a handshake.

Emotions are high on both sides but it really speaks volumes of one's character to keep it in check and be professional.

I'm sorry that happened, two days ago I was in the food court in MDW two feet in front of a SWA pilot. I said "hi, how's it going". He look at me,glanced down at my badge and turned and walked away. I was in uniform. I have come to the conclusion that Pilots are more jealous than a sixteen year old cheerleader. I fear will never be a SWA pilot, I'll always be an AT guy and an outsider to a lot of people over there.

Unfortunately, events like what you and Jball described will not be an isolated case. I too have received the dirty looks and cold shoulder treatment but it doesn't stop me from smiling and waving. I remember and take comfort from a farewell speech from President Richard Nixon, who for a time, was probably the most hated person in America.

"Always give your best, never get discouraged, never be petty; always remember, others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them, and then you destroy yourself."

My commute to/from MCO has become decidedly less "friendly" in the last few months. Pilots no longer say hello when you walk up and say Hi, they just nod and go back to what they were doing or strike up a conversation with another SWA employee a few feet from you. A long way from the "welcome aboard" conversations I had in the first 6-8 months from the announcement.

It's just the way it is. I imagine it will get better once we get past this, but tensions are high and all our people need to make sure they are professional and courteous and, like you said, not take it out on each other.

Thanks for the heads-up, maybe we can do a better job policing our own... Have fun out there, :beer:

Kharma- you are correct in all that you have said. Nixon was very wise with that quote. We get freedom through forgiveness. We get enslaved by anger.

IAD overnight on last 4 day (1st day) and EMO walk thru security had complete SWA crew behind us. All were extremely nice. The capt was a junior capt, MDW base I think, and wanted to know not just my feelings but my Capt as well. Extremely polite and profesional. We walked and talked all the way even to our gate in the opposite direction of theirs. I was very impressed with both and issues from their prospective as well.

Kharma- you are correct in all that you have said. Nixon was very wise with that quote. We get freedom through forgiveness. We get enslaved by anger.

My sincere apologies for the embarrassing treatment you received. It has been a source of pride that my fellow AirTran pilots have been acknowledged for our kind treatment of off-line jumpseaters. Hopefully in the future, your commute will only entail I-285 traffic jams.

I'm sorry that happened, two days ago I was in the food court in MDW two feet in front of a SWA pilot. I said "hi, how's it going". He look at me,glanced down at my badge and turned and walked away. I was in uniform. I have come to the conclusion that Pilots are more jealous than a sixteen year old cheerleader. I fear will never be a SWA pilot, I'll always be an AT guy and an outsider to a lot of people over there.

That is sad. It really is. You are right about pilots and jealousy. Fear not about being considered an "outsider" over here. I believe when all is said and done, we will be a unified group. There may be some who don't let go on both sides, but they will be in the minority. I like the saying...Life is 10% of what happens to you, and 90% of how you react.

I look forward to getting this SL9 resolved and moving forward.

RB

Kharma, with very little exception, your crews have been AWESOME! Yesterday just really opened my eyes to what can happen if this gets too ugly. I hope you are correct about my commute. Right now it's a little stressful. I drove by your employee lot not long ago and I got a little giddy! One day, one day!
Cheers brother!

Latest resources

Back