• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Another Airbus goes down

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You really are every bit of the "regionaltard" that you claim to be. How about you say you go out and experience the world for yourself, and then maybe come up with your own conclusion other then that of a prima donna CONUS RJ queen, huh? There's really a little bit more to life then that which goes beyond your "regional" world pal. Go digress with all your other domestic herd.

Wow, that really hit close to home. Thanks for squaring me away. Now run along and do your chore$. Living in Gram's basement might be cheap, but it ain't free.

Anyone who shows that level of disregard for ANY human life needs to re-examine their life's priorities.

Those were someone's mothers/fathers/brothers/sisters/sons/daughters. Show a little respect.

And no, this ISN'T the thread to make jokes in. There's plenty of other places to go sling mud, make funnies, and otherwise engage in flame bait.

A post about loss of life in aviation ain't it.

/rant

I don't think the pilots were incompetent due to where they were from or who they were flying for, but I do think the possible incompetence could have shown it's ugly head when they decided to land in known bad weather instead of waiting it out or landing somewhere else. I have seen too many pilots push it too far and just barely avoid killing themselves and all those onboard by making the decision that they are good enough to land in wx that really isn't safe to do so. I am very happy to work at a place now that won't punish the pilots for making a very conservative safe call that may involve huge delays or landing at safer, unscheduled airports if that is what is needed to remain safe. There is way too much pressure at most places now to get it done almost no matter what and I would guess a bit of outside pressure may have been affecting these pilots judgement.

You know I was about to "jump" on you and point out AAL1420, DAL191, EAL66, US1016...but then I realized I feel EXACTLY the same way you do.

Even US-trained crews "push it" way too often. This coulda been anyone regardless of where they are from or what type of airplane they were flying if they try to press the odds.

Latest resources

Back