• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Another Airbus goes down

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow. You really go out of your way to show your lack of compassion.

Thats what my second wife said before she left me for a better man. I'm still clueless about this empathy and compassion stuff, but I do earnestly try. I actually believe I have a good heart. I always recycle. I don't steal. I even leave the seat down and have the ability to open practically any jar.

SAN'A, Yemen - A passenger jet from Yemen with 153 people on board crashed in the Indian Ocean early Tuesday as it tried to land in bad weather on the island nation of Comoros, officials said.

"A passenger jet FROM YEMEN ..."

That's all you needed to know. And yes, I've been there.

To suggest these brave pilots were somehow incompetent because they're third world citizens who don't shower, lack table manners and see all women as inferior is just plain predudice. Besides, I'm certain it's a Memory Item in their Flight Manual to chant, "Allah Ahkbar" repeatedly in order to recover control of the plane.

. That mindset is probably the reason you're still a regionaltard and not a majortard.

Or maybe just a majortard who didn't think that his $hit stopped stinking when he moved on. You're clearly one of the ten percenters in this industry who are wound so tight that a needle couldn't be driven up your ass with a sledgehammer. Any time you express anger on the Internet, take a deep breath and realize that the joke's on you. You exist only for my entertainment.

I don't think the pilots were incompetent due to where they were from or who they were flying for, but I do think the possible incompetence could have shown it's ugly head when they decided to land in known bad weather instead of waiting it out or landing somewhere else. I have seen too many pilots push it too far and just barely avoid killing themselves and all those onboard by making the decision that they are good enough to land in wx that really isn't safe to do so. I am very happy to work at a place now that won't punish the pilots for making a very conservative safe call that may involve huge delays or landing at safer, unscheduled airports if that is what is needed to remain safe. There is way too much pressure at most places now to get it done almost no matter what and I would guess a bit of outside pressure may have been affecting these pilots judgement.

WHOOP WHOOP! NET NANNY! WHOOP WHOOP!

I'm certain that we'd all agree that the loss of life is tragic, but the chances that this is anything other than an egregious screwup by pilots from a medieval society overmatched by 2Oth Century technology is small.

You really are every bit of the "regionaltard" that you claim to be. How about you say you go out and experience the world for yourself, and then maybe come up with your own conclusion other then that of a prima donna CONUS RJ queen, huh? There's really a little bit more to life then that which goes beyond your "regional" world pal. Go digress with all your other domestic herd.

Latest resources

Back