Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TonyC

Frederick's Happy Face
How petty! Twice now a thread detailing a major announcement affecting progression and hiring at a Global Airline has been deemed unworthy of holding a position in the Majors Section of the Aviation Interview Board. Now, I'm not sure what the criteria is that distinguishes one category from the other, or what distinguishes General Information from a specific Category, but the lines seem vague enough to me to allow an airline the size of FedEx to post on the Majors section. The Majors section is replete with threads that mention FedEx or UPS or even no airline at all - - why haven't they all been moved to Cargo or General?

As they are arranged, it would appear that Cargo falls beneath Majors, Fractionals, Regional and Corporate categories. Is that based on size? Payroll? Number of pilots? Importance in somebody's book? It's certainly not alphabetical. Can anyone name me a Fractional, Regional, or Corporate carrier that's bigger than FedEx? Bigger than UPS?

Come on, now, let's get real. FedEx and UPS are among the top choices of pilots looking for the "Dream Job" these days. Step up to the plate, moderator, identify yourself, and explain why you moved the posts to the Cargo category. What was the benefit?

TonyC said:
Come on, now, let's get real. FedEx and UPS are among the top choices of pilots looking for the "Dream Job" these days. Step up to the plate, moderator, identify yourself, and explain why you moved the posts to the Cargo category. What was the benefit?

Jeez....

I think this is the old "freight dog" inferiority complex manifesting itself!

Maybe the NEW reason for having a separate topic labeled cargo is "cargo" is
THE place to be....

Give it a rest!

(former commuter trash)
(former major airline freight dog)
(former major pax airline .. furloughee loser)

I'm with Tony C. There seems to be no logic in the movement of these posts. Previous posts dealing with these issues are left in the majors section. We don't see anyone moving the Southwest posts to the regional area simply becuase they are a domestic airline.

Last edited:
Naysayers

To Flying Freddie and all the other's making uncharitable remarks about FedEx folks wanting to see us stay on the major's board, consider this:

These are FedEx guys that are willing to provide valuable information to would be applicants. Most likely these applicants are also applying for jobs at other major airlines. Perhaps they are considering FedEx, vs staying at their current Major airline.

The fact is that we also come on this board to see what is going on with our contemporaries who also fly at Major (albeit less profitable airlines). If you are not interested in our information, others may be. If we are relegated to the cargo thread....so be it. We already have the gouge....we are the first to know the information....you're just making others who want to get the information look a lot harder. I have no problem with that... so Moderator.......why don't you ask the others on the board and see what they want? Us FDX guys can BS in the crew lounge.

Ciao

Laughing_Jakal said:
. . . .<snip>. . .who also fly at Major (albeit less profitable airlines). . . .<snip>. . .
bump.. .

Just make sure you put a FDX vs (insert your favorite pax carrier here) spin on your posts. Learn to work around the censors.

For example...the latest Southwest bid pales in comparison to the latest FDX bid. I wonder what SWA's increase of gates in Chicago will do to the next bid. MDW may end up going junior to BWI for a couple of months.

Latest resources

Back